SR ELECTRICAL CONTROL ENGINEER
Location: Fairview, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing Engineering Teams are process leaders for stamping, molding or assembly related topics, ensuring the processes are running at optimum levels for quality and output. They are experts in mold tooling, die tooling, machining, and assembly techniques, possessing extensive knowledge of the associated manufacturing processes which may include the optimization and standardization of stamping / molding / assembly or other processes within the manufacturing environment. Manufacturing Engineering Teams enable the TE business unit plants to reach TE Operating Advantage (TEOA) requirements, roll out Centers of Excellence (COE), Best Demonstrated Practices (BDP’s) and advise plants on tool and machine duplications / corrections / improvements. They design and develop manufacturing process and automation platforms and apply them for the realization of new product developments as well as optimization of existing products already in production. The Teams also support Product Development in the selection and optimization of tools for piece part production and the selection of the most suitable manufacturing concepts relative to planned manufacturing quantities, quality requirements and manufacturing location. They act as interface between engineering and production to ensure manufacturability of new designs and smooth production ramp up as well as support the research & development teams to produce sample manufacturing equipment, product samples and prototypes.
Please note: This position may involve working with technical data, technology, software/source code, hardware or other items (collectively “items) subject to U.S. and non-U.S. export control laws and regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for TE to verify a candidate’s national origin and/or citizenship status to determine whether a U.S. or other government export license is required prior to releasing its technologies to the candidate. If TE determines that TE will require a license or will be prohibited by applicable laws from providing the candidate with items necessary for the performance of this position, then TE expressly reserves the right to either a) make an offer of employment contingent upon TE receiving required export licenses from the appropriate government agency, b) consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions TE shall establish in its sole discretion, or c) decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.
- Provide product manufacturing support for existing production line and new product development. Create assembly instructions, process workflows, tooling, fixtures, and other documentation. Design and implement new and support existing electrical controls for machines used to assemble electromechanical relays and contactors for aerospace and defense applications. Participates in design and testing activities including requirements capture, test plan creation, bench level verification testing.
- Provide manufacturing support as part of a cross functional team
- Create process work instructions, tooling, and test fixtures for new and existing products
- Develop and execute test requirements for electro-mechanical component characterization and verification.
- Initiate and manage capital equipment projects
- Analyze yield and process data (capability & gage R&R) to identify and implement process improvement projects
- Set up manufacturing procedures to resolve customer's complaints
- Resolve tool and design problems as related to assembly of components
- Suggest design changes of new products to reduce costs and overall manufacturing efficiency
- Prepares specifications for purchases of electrical equipment and materials.
What your background should look like:
- Familiar with manufacturing principles such as assembly of electromechanical parts, machining, stamping, plating, resistance welding, bonding, and molding
- Able to work as a team member with remote sites and outside vendors.
- Have excellent time management skills and the ability to work well under schedule pressures and balance priorities is essential
- Have strong written and oral skills, as you will be required to interface with team members, suppliers, customers, and sales
- Must be able to work in a hands-on environment
- Must be familiar with the PFMEA process
- Electrical, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering Degree plus 5 years of experience
- Experience with machine and equipment design, development, and deployment in manufacturing
- Competency with CAD and 3-D modeling software
- Proficient in MS Office Software such as Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Working knowledge of six sigma, lean manufacturing tools and Minitab
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets