ICT GLOBAL ENGINEERING CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT LEADER
Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Industrial and Commercial Transportation business unit of TE Connectivity is currently searching for a Sr. Engineer / Continuous Improvement Analyst III to drive TE’s lean business system, TEOA, within the engineering function. The individual performing the role will ideally be located in Winston Salem, NC.
Reporting to the regional Director of Engineering, the Global Engineering TEOA Leader will provide global leadership to deploy TEOA across all engineering teams within the business unit. As an engineering and continuous improvement subject matter expert, this person will coach and mentor individuals and teams, guide leadership and influence across adjacent functions to create a competitive advantage for TE through world class engineering effectiveness.
- Lead the implementation of annual strategic priorities and identify, design, and construct programs and projects to improve Continuous Improvement across engineering.
- Drive execution of annual objectives; coach and indirectly manage teams; establish program performance metrics; and deliver process excellence support.
- Create oversight on the progress of measurable KPI’s through monthly tracking and review meetings with senior staff and executive management.
- Identify opportunities and proactively lead TEOA implementation, Kaizen events, and Hoshin activities to improve business operating performance and achieve yearly business goals.
- Align with key stakeholders to ensure overall Continuous Improvement metrics, philosophy, and business system is aligned to their organizational strategy.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with key stakeholders to create a mindset and culture of Continuous Improvement.
- Create visibility of TEOA adoption progress at site, BU and functional levels and resolve roadblocks as needed
- Partner with the engineering communications team to share successes/best practices and inspire engagement in TEOA across the enterprise
- Support strategies and initiatives to enable achievement of strategic goals for the company as a member of the Engineering Network
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Engineering Management, or related discipline
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in engineering or in business process continuous improvement preferred
- Prior exposure to developing and implementing improvement plans and processes
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in a global environment
- Critical thinking and decision making
- Proven “change agent” capability with experience driving lean process and organizational transformation across multiple functions and levels within the organization
- Strong business acumen with the ability to communicate in the language of the business and align continuous improvement activities and initiatives to maximize impact
- Experience capturing voice of the customer and translating customer needs into process improvement priorities
- Strong track record of delivering results
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets