MGR II LOGISTICS
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Distribution & Logistics Teams manage the efficient flow of goods, services and information between point of origin through customer placement in order to meet customer requirements or internal business objectives. They create integrated processes among internal functions such as operations, purchasing and logistics, and outside suppliers. They also focus resources on continuous improvement of the movement of materials through various production processes, and establish key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to supply chain planning/forecasting to measure actual performance against goals on a regular basis.
Work location is Remote/Home Office.
The Logistics Manager II will be responsible for managing all forecasting and analytical aspects associated with global freight and distribution, incl. the streams between plants, to Customers, from Suppliers and to Suppliers. The Logistics Manager II in the Aerospace, Defense and Marine BU will define and enforce accountability of processes related to standard and premium freight. The target will be continuous improvement and cost savings while delivering best in class solutions for internal and external stakeholders. This role has accountability in management of 3PLs.
Tasks Summary & Responsibilities:
- Develop cost savings strategies with Operations, Procurement, GLOG, Supply Chain and Sales towards Customers, Carriers and Suppliers.
- Provide strong leadership and project management skills to successfully achieve operational business targets through effective implementation of continuous improvement methodologies.
- Establish key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to supply chain planning/forecasting to measure actual performance against goals on a regular basis
- Develop freight strategy and operations
- Partner with Global Trade Services to optimize duty spend through 4-Square process and other methods that increase compliance with foreign trade agreements and/or increase utilization of Foreign Trade Zones
- Measure, manage, and improve operational performance of AUT Americas transportation flows in collaboration with Global Logistics (GLOG), carriers, Integrated Supply Chain (ISC), and Procurement.
- Drive deep-dive analytics to determine root cause and corrective action on logistics topics, with recommendations provided to leadership
- Identify, develop, and implement process improvement plans to optimize transportation processes to meet company objectives for quality, cost, responsiveness, and speed. Drive simplification and automation of processes.
- Partner with GLOG to manage and improve operational performance of transportation service providers and establish and monitor KPI’s related to carrier performance.
- Reduce and optimize transportation service providers base in order to achieve economies of scale and ensure cost saving targets are met.
- Lead Premium freight optimization through analytics and process adherence.
- Liaise frequently with Customers, Suppliers, and Carriers to improve cooperation and communication.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain or related
- 5+ years of experience in Manufacturing/Transportation/Logistics environment
- Strong knowledge and understanding of SAP
- Knowledge of Operations, Manufacturing and Supply Chain processes
- Global Logistics experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $108,000 - $130,000 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets