R&D/PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER I
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
The Research and Development Engineer is responsible for providing engineering knowledge, skill, and ability to handle such tasks as: project management, engineering design, prototyping development, gathering of pertinent background information, and leading project and design teams from conception through commercial launch of medical devices. Additionally, the Research and Development Engineer will be responsible for managing project costs, issuing quotes to customers, procuring material quotes, interacting with customers while ensuring full compliance to FDA QSR (21 CFR 820), and applicable ISO 13485 requirements
- Will be responsible for establishing product requirements, concept prototyping, design and development (including verification and validation), risk/failure mode assessment, performance and safety testing.
- Coordinate time and activities of others and/or serve as a project leader for cross-functional programs.
- Maintains detailed documentation throughout all phases of research and development.
- Reviews or coordinates outside vendor activities to support development.
- Manages or develops technical solutions to design problems with vendors and in-house resources through design reviews, design audits, and prototype analysis.
- Interface with customers and internal departments articulating team activities and progress.
- Work closely with manufacturing engineering to improve process, procedure, and cost.
- May directly supervise one or more technicians or assemblers.
What Your Background Should Look Like
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or similar Bachelor’s Degree plus a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a related regulated medical device environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals; Ability to write routine reports and correspondence; Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization, educations and experience.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense, understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form; Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $64,000-$95,000 a year
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets