Material Scientist Intern
Location: Fremont, California
Job Type: Full time
TE Connectivity's Administrative Support Teams are responsible for office administration and daily clerical duties including basic schedule planning, travel arrangements, documentation, and file maintenance. Other responsibilities include scheduling conferences/meeting rooms and responding to general inquiries. They create and maintain office documentation and files and review drafts and finished internal/external communication documents.
The Corporate Technology Advanced Analytical group at TE Connectivity invites applications for an Intern position in Fremont, California. TE Connectivity is the home of well-known brands of electric and electronic components with a wide span of applications from the automotive to the computer industries. The advanced analytical group is part of the corporate R&D group and focuses on advanced material analysis for both internal R&D projects and external business unit requests. The applicant will perform hands-on work with various analytical instruments and write test reports.
What your background should look like:
- Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct daily experiments for the Rotational Rheometer, DMA, Capillary Rheometer; TGA-GC/MS, SEM/EDS, XRF, FTIR, and XRD to support R&D projects and external customer requests
- Document the conditions and procedure of the experiment, analyze the experiment data, and a write test report.
- Develop new test methods for special test requests and document the methods.
- Support R&D Projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Material Science, Polymer Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or a related field
- Knowledge of polymeric materials, physical properties, formulation, and/or processing, and some knowledge of material characterizing techniques, such as Rheology, DMA, FTIR, GC-MS, SEM/EDS, XRF and understanding of structure-property relationships
- Highly self-motivated individual with a strong bias for action and impact
- A strong team player with a positive, proactive, and professional attitude
- Creative, and innovative, with no hesitation to head into the lab to try out new ideas
- Excellent communication skills, and excellent written/verbal / presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and work according to tight timelines