SR MANUFACTURING ENGINEER - Extrusion
Job Type: Full time
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing Engineering Teams are process leaders for stamping, molding or assembly related topics, ensuring the processes are running at optimum levels for quality and output. They are experts in mold tooling, die tooling, machining, and assembly techniques, possessing extensive knowledge of the associated manufacturing processes which may include the optimization and standardization of stamping / molding / assembly or other processes within the manufacturing environment. Manufacturing Engineering Teams enable the TE business unit plants to reach TE Operating Advantage (TEOA) requirements, roll out Centers of Excellence (COE), Best Demonstrated Practices (BDP’s) and advise plants on tool and machine duplications / corrections / improvements. They design and develop manufacturing process and automation platforms and apply them for the realization of new product developments as well as optimization of existing products already in production. The Teams also support Product Development in the selection and optimization of tools for piece part production and the selection of the most suitable manufacturing concepts relative to planned manufacturing quantities, quality requirements and manufacturing location. They act as interface between engineering and production to ensure manufacturability of new designs and smooth production ramp up as well as support the research & development teams to produce sample manufacturing equipment, product samples and prototypes.
As a Senior Manufacturing Engineer for Extrusion, you will be a leader in improving thermoplastic extrusion processes. This will be a fast-paced role where you will establish process parameters, institute quality controls, improve process capability, and lead capital equipment projects. You will be a key member of the team in facilitating changes with vendors and customers including management of CAPAs, NOCs, Change Plans, and material qualifications. This role may be filled at a mid-level or senior level depending on qualifications and experience.
- Demonstrate a primary commitment to patient safety, product quality and compliance with the Quality Manual and its governing regulations.
- Partner with Internal and External customers in the manufacture of catheter and delivery system components.
- Understand the properties of thermoplastic polymers processes to ensure optimized process settings.
- Independently lead test method and process qualification & validation activities for the production of extrusions.
- Attend and represent the Engineering team in daily tiered meetings. Provide response to productions issues.
- Identify and implement cost improvement projects.
- Work with technical team members (cross-functional and multi-site to deliver technical support to extrusion projects).
- Train, mentor and provide direction to Operators, Technicians, and fellow Team members.
- Author and route Deviation Authorizations and Change Plans.
- Procure & qualify capital equipment, tooling, and fixtures for manufacturing.
- Create Engineering Studies, document results, and release reports.
- Plans, organizes, and manages multifaceted projects.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Material Science, or other related field.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of industry experience in a manufacturing environment
- Thermoplastic Extrusion/Injection molding/related experience preferred
- Innovative idea-generator who enjoys leading teams and mentoring others
- Structured problem-solving experience; A3, DMAIC
- Know-how in different extrusion sizing techniques including contact and non-contact vacuum sizing preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management, customers, and external regulatory officials. Technical report writing and excellent record keeping required.
- IQ/OQ/PQ experience a plus
- Minitab, process capability, statistics experience
- Six Sigma, lean experience
- SAP experience a plus