Remote Electrical / Product Engineer - Entry Level
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Aerospace, Defense & Marine business unit is facing increasing demand for ruggedized fiber optic interconnects and innovative fiber management solutions. Included in these new developments are active optical transceivers, media converters, and optical cable assemblies where the E/O and O/E conversions are accomplished within the cable connector(s) and similar chip-to-world products. Currently systems are operating at 1-10 Gb/s, and some customers are planning for a migration to 25 Gb/s or higher. The race is now on for the development of ruggedized AOC interfaces, transceivers, and mid-board modules for applications in harsh environments.
In this position, the Product / Electrical Engineer will contribute to product development engineering for those projects. The Engineer will be responsible for the electrical aspects of design, development, and testing of new electronic products. This will include engineering analysis of designs, coordination of sample builds, oversight of verification/qualification testing and migration to volume manufacturing sites. The position will require direct communication with external customers and suppliers, as well as interaction with internal business development, corporate technology, manufacturing, quality, and testing functions. Some domestic and/or international travel may be required.
The Product / Electrical Engineer's responsibilities may include:
- Electrical circuit & PCB design and electronic component selection
- Generation and evaluation of prototypes
- Definition and coordination of test programs for purposes of design verification and product qualification
- Generation of product drawings, application specifications, and instruction sheets
- Implementation of design changes to enhance product quality, improve manufacturability, and/or reduce manufacturing cost
- Review functional/performance specifications provided by customers and insure that product requirements have been properly defined and documented prior to production.
- Perform/coordinate failure analysis work and determine corrective actions
- Initiation of Engineering Changes to improve designs, improve manufacturing, or respond to changes requested by the customer
- Achieve scope, schedule, and budget requirements.
- Report out on project status as needed.
- Meet all established project deadlines.
- Regularly keep management informed of problems, issues, and status of on-going projects.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or similar
- At least 3 years professional work experience in an engineering environment
- Capable of High Speed Circuit Schematic Design
- Experience with microcontroller software development, programming and operation
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective project leadership within a cross-functional team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills demonstrated by the ability to communicate across all levels within and outside of the organization including customers
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details
- PC proficient, including Excel, Word, MS Project, Power Point, and MRP systems
- 5+ years professional work experience in an engineering environment
- Experience with design and test of ruggedized electronics in industrial, defense, and aerospace applications.
- Familiarity with Ethernet, Fiber Channel, Infiniband, and Rapid I/O standards
- Familiarity with the SMPTE and DVI/HDMI video standards is a plus.
- Experience with BERT testing and eye diagram analysis is a plus.
- Knowledge/experience with fiber optics connectivity and/or its use is a plus
- Experience with microcontroller software development: I2C and SPI protocols
- Mechanical 3D CAD skills
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $70,000 – $72,000 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets