PRODUCT MANAGER - TE Sensors
Location: Berwyn, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
TE is now one of the largest sensor companies in the world, with innovative sensor solutions that help customers transform concepts into smart, connected creations. TE’s unmatched portfolio of intelligent, efficient and high-performing sensor solutions are used for customers across several industries, from automotive, industrial and commercial transportation and aerospace and defense to medical solutions and consumer applications
Manages all aspects of a global product line or portfolio for our Sensor Solutions, from driving new product development to manufacturing to marketing and sales. Runs the portfolio as a “mini” GM. Responsible for overall product strategy, business leadership and capacity plans in order to meet sales and gross (or standard) margin targets.
What your background should look like:
Market Sensing & Strategy Development
- Articulate market trends, demand drivers, customer needs, industry trends, and competitive landscape
- Conduct market segmentation exercises to develop market segment-specific strategies.
- Conduct competitive analysis and benchmarking
- Define segment –specific value propositions that beat the competition
- Develop product roadmaps that aligns with business strategy
- Design go to market strategy, inclusive of channel strategy and partnerships
- Work with R&D and operations in the development of new products to meet current and future customer requirements.
- Manage the product lifecycle
Business Development Plan:
- Define resource requirements necessary to execute the product roadmap
- Work cross functionally to define sales, technology and operations strategies and goals, in line with financial goals. Build consensus on specific tasks.
- Establish pricing policy
- Develop the annual operating plan (Sales and gross or standard margin)
Execution- New Product Development & Launch
- Be the opportunity champion for PAC projects.
- Plans product launches, including the development of marketing and sales plans.
- Provide demand forecast inputs to S&OP.
- Attend customer meetings in support of winning new business
- Exercise thought leadership.
- Provide inputs to Marcom for the development of collateral, including e-commerce.
Execution- Post Launch Product Management:
- Manage the P&L (sales and gross or standard margin) for the assigned portfolio.
- Deliver sustained profitable growth
- Enable sales to promote product line via training and the development of collateral materials that help articulate the value proposition.
- Manage special price requests
- Track progress to the business plan and facilitate resolution to gaps.
- Be the champion for resolution of product issues (e.g., quality, delivery, etc.)
Experience and Education:
- 5+ years of product management or sales experience, additional MBA preferred
- Relevant product or industry experience desired
- Experience managing direct report
- 4-year technical or business degree required
- Advanced degree (MBA) or relevant P&L management experience preferred