MBA Strategy and Business Development Intern
Location: Paoli, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Intern, Channel Strategy and Business Development, will be a key contributing member of the Channel group and actively support projects for the team. The Intern will work closely with the Strategy and Business Development team and functional experts throughout the company to deliver immediate business impact by actively supporting key Channel Initiatives, including providing recommendations based on evaluation of qualitative and quantitative analytical data obtained from a range of sources, translating that data into actionable business insights and recommendations, and presenting the results to a variety of stakeholders.
- This Internship starts next summer, May 2023
- Flexible 1st shift schedule
Key Elements of Success
- The ability to gather and analyze disparate data, analyze it for commonality, cause & effect, and key business indicators, generate insights and recommendations, and succinctly present those to influence behaviors and business decisions.
- Agility to generate rapid insights with an equal focus on urgency and quality.
- Willingness, ability, and comfort to work independently and with limited oversight.
- Influencing of stakeholders via open and transparent communication.
- Critical thinking and continuously challenging existing practices to drive impactful business results.
- Commitment to TE’s core values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Innovation.
Sales Coverage Modeling:
- Map out market opportunity and existing sales coverage.
- Work with sales and regional leadership to determine business needs.
- Assist with development of optimal coverage and service model.
- Utilize financial modeling to determine ROI.
- Research, define, and develop an approach to track network performance.
- Support project management regarding advanced analytical tools to optimize coverage.
- Identify opportunities for cost and performance optimization.
- Develop recommendations regarding product optimization.
Additional examples of potential projects:
- Generate market analysis to expand TE’s business opportunity pipeline.
- Automate a process to rank distributor performance.
- Identify causes of and mitigation measures for customer churn.
- Must be enrolled in a full-time MBA Program with an accredited university or college throughout the duration of the internship.
- Previous experience in consulting, strategy, or business development is preferred.
- Analytics, work structure and management, and communications:
- Inquisitive disposition. Ability to think through problems in a structured, logic-driven manner.
- Ability to structure work and manage projects.
- Experience in conducting market and industry research, organizing and integrating information, and generating qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Ability to identify the key levers that create business value.
- Background in financial analysis, modeling, and evaluation of opportunities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Experience in creating and delivering presentations and communicating ideas and plans.
- Ability to influence others using data and analytics, presented in a clear, concise method.
- People, Teamwork and Leadership:
- A team player with mature, professional presence and the ability to collaborate and influence others to move toward a common vision or goal.
- High cross-cultural awareness.
- Passion and Drive:
- Passion for technology.
- Ability to utilize a partner / customer perspective.
- Curiosity to ask probing questions and make discoveries.
- Commitment to excellence, ensuring objectives are met and delivered on-time.
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable, and more connected world. TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 78,000 employees, including more than 7,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity Internship Program offers:
Our internship program gives students the opportunity to work on valuable projects that contribute to the success of their team and build on their classroom experience. Throughout the 10–12-week program, interns will be provided with:
- Onboarding & Orientation
- Professional Development Workshops
- Networking Opportunities
- Operations Experience
- Executive Exposure
- $32-$38 an hour, commensurate with experience
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets