Location: Hampton, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Purchasing Teams are responsible for obtaining materials, components, equipment and services, gather quotations, examine bids, and award contracts. They perform cost analysis and volume planning for commodities, evaluate vendor reliability and develop new supply sources where required. They coordinate purchasing activities with the manufacturing and engineering departments to maintain inventory at planned levels and monitor cost, schedule, and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value. They also look for and recommend cost saving proposals including make vs. buy analysis, alternative sourcing, and vendor evaluation criteria as well as develop specifications for new contract orders.
- Responsible for the PO management, including, but not limited to Purchase Order creation, confirmation and follow-up thru its corresponding payment, tracking milestones and problem-solving with suppliers and internal functions, exception messages execution, management of purchase order backlog to ensure plant production schedule, escalation management (for level 1), follow up of late orders, ensure purchase order alignment , and accurate supplier contact details.
- Be the first line of communication to the suppliers and establish a regular communication cadence and escalate suppliers that impose significant risk to business (e. g. line downs, high financial impact, general compliance with TE requirements) to the next internal level.
- Responsible for material/component availability through optimization and inventory management, including replenishment system strategies identification to share to Strategic Sourcing for negotiation and implementation
What your background should look like:
Special Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:.
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer focus and continues improvement attitude.
- Advanced knowledge in the use of SAP and Microsoft Office, i.e. Excel, Outlook, Word, Powerpoint.
- Must be a US resident due to ITAR regulations
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets