R&D/PRODUCT DVL ENGINEER I
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
The Aerospace Defense and Marine (AD&M) business of TE Connectivity are leaders in the development and engineering of a comprehensive portfolio of connectors, contactors, relays, sensors, fiber optics, wires, cables, antennas, circuit protectors and moldings for harsh environments. We have a global customer base with over 6,000 employees to deliver a broad range of solutions.
As part of the AD&M team, you will be joining a group of professionals who are passionate about ensuring the future growth of the business, whilst maintaining integrity, taking accountability, working together and continually improving to ensure constant innovation and openness to change.
- Due to ITAR restrictions, US citizenship or US lawful permanent residency status is required to apply for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from US accredited university.
- Experience with 3D modelling, direct or parametric.
- Experience with simulation/analysis tools (FEA, Moldflow, CFD)
- Customer focused, building strong relationships
- Experience designing product for Additive Manufacturing/Rapid Prototyping technologies
- An awareness of LEAN principles and other Six Sigma methodologies.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, materials, and quality assurance protocols
- Interest in collaborating with quality, manufacturing, operations, suppliers, and directly with customers
- Understanding of Geometric Design and Tolerancing methods.
- Thorough understanding of creating and checking Engineering Prints and Documents.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams.
- Requires moderate supervision and guidance.
- Strong business acumen as well as a strong technical aptitude to understand our products and customer needs
Please note: This position may involve working with technical data, technology, software/source code, hardware or other items (collectively “items) subject to U.S. and non-U.S. export control laws and regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for TE to verify a candidate’s national origin and/or citizenship status to determine whether a U.S. or other government export license is required prior to releasing its technologies to the candidate. If TE determines that TE will require a license or will be prohibited by applicable laws from providing the candidate with items necessary for the performance of this position, then TE expressly reserves the right to either a) make an offer of employment contingent upon TE receiving required export licenses from the appropriate government agency, b) consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions TE shall establish in its sole discretion, or c) decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.