HR Business Partner (HRBP)
Location: Andover, Minnesota
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE's HR Solutions Partners function in a variety of Human Resources activities including employment and employee relations, recruiting, termination and data analysis/metrics. They implement Human Resources policies at the country, regional or global level partnering with management to drive company-wide programs and initiatives.
We are seeking a talented, innovative, customer-focused HR Solutions Partner with a passion for providing first-class HR support to our talented and highly engaged employees in Andover, Minnesota as well as our Transportation Segment remote workers. As part of North America HR Solutions team, you will be joining a group of professionals who are passionate about ensuring the future growth of the business while maintaining integrity, taking accountability, working together and continually improving to ensure constant innovation and openness to change. Reporting to the HR Solutions Manager, this position will closely partner with HR Business leaders to guarantee alignment in approaching business needs. The role requires one to effectively work with other HR functions to direct and ensure the successful delivery of HR services required to drive business imperatives within an assigned geographical region and proactively seeks to identify and resolve issues driving HR operational excellence through TEOA (TE’s Continuous Improvement Program).
- Supports organizational culture towards TE values and BU vision and cultural beliefs
- Interprets and communicates company policies and ensures legal compliance. Assures implementation of broader policy and adherence to external regulations
- Applies the TEOA principles and tools to continuously improve HR processes and services
- Facilitate HR and Organizational Development training resources to local Managers to assist them in developing their people management skills
- Proactively drive effective HR solutions for a Manufacturing operation including an assigned client group comprised Engineers, Product Managers and Manufacturing professionals
- Work with the HR Innovation Centers on compensation and benefits management, payroll and salary administration
- Work closely with the global human resources community to build linkages, improve processes and share best practices and champion “One HR” model
- Manage and monitor the performance of the talent management processes, providing the appropriate data insights of HR metrics and analysis
- Support Organizational Leadership Review to help drive talent strategy alignment with the business unit objectives
- Assess Talent to build capabilities and leadership capabilities within BU. Partner to drive staffing models within BU
- Manage recruiting and staffing initiatives, counsel managers in final selections and compensation; Consult with leaders for talent planning and career development
- Investigates and advises both management and employees on personnel matters
- Coach management to develop and maintain employee relationships and respectful working environment for the site/country/region through communication, performance management, and processing grievances and/or disputes
- Participates in local works council / union negotiations and administers the labor agreement.
- Drive Onboarding/Offboarding, and Retention initiatives
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s highly desired. HR related major preferred
- 6+ years prior experience within Human Resource; Ideal candidate will have previous experience within a Generalist capacity, offering a broad range of expertise within HR spanning Employee Relations, Talent Acquisition, Coaching and Development.
- Experience partnering with business leaders in a matrixed environment requiring influencing skills.
- Must have an effective balance between strategic and tactical implementation skills.
- Ability to provide innovative solutions and adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to act as a credible coach and facilitator and a credible role model for effective leadership and performance.
- Build trust and credibility among his/her team and at all levels within the organization.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills, strong organizational and analytical skills; Process orientated and sense of urgency.
- Travel within region as business needs dictate (up to 10%)
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a competitive bonus structure, and the opportunity to develop and grow their own career through TE’s Leadership programs. AT TE, we believe in unleashing people’s potential. We have Employee Resource Groups (Women in Networking, ALIGN – LGBTQ, Young Professionals, etc.) to support and promote a diverse workplace and a culture of inclusion for the development of different perspectives, styles and ideas. By doing this, we are consistently recognized by Thomson Reuters as one of the Top 100 Innovators as well as deemed one of the world’s most ethical companies by Ethisphere.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $98,100 – $147,100 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets