MAINTENANCE MECHANIC I Internship
Location: Manheim, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Maintenance Teams perform repairs and preventive maintenance to ensure longer lifespan of machines and facilities. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
As a Maintenance Mechanic, you are responsible for.
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by creating and completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Perform mechanical skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Utilize knowledge of the National Electrical Safety Code (NESC) to ensure that designs comply with the required safety clearances.
Shift and Schedule
Shift and Schedule will be discussed with the hiring manager as the team will work around your school schedule.
What your background should look like:
- High School Diploma or trade school.
- Maintenance experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, electrical (low & high voltage), and electronic skill.
- PLC knowledge with programming skills a plus.
- Ability to read, and interpret blueprints, schematics, and wiring diagram.
- Must be flexible to work some weekends, & occasional overtime.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations for industrial environment.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation
You’ve got this!