FACILITIES SUPPORT II
Location: El Cajon, California
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Facilities Support II-CNC and building maintenance
Scope: Perform technical, preventative and repair maintenance to various types of machinery (Okuma CNC Lathes and Fadal Mills) and equipment to support production requirements. Assist with facilities maintenance and building repairs and improvements.
- Perform service-level maintenance and repair work to repair, maintain and enhance Okuma and Fadal CNC machines and associated machine shop equipment and tools.
- Diagnose, isolate and correct mechanical and electrical issues involving repairs and replacements of controls, motors, pumps, valves, switches, gears, electrical devices, and associated components.
- Perform established PM activities and identify new opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Prepare for new/relocated equipment installations by determining facilitization needs of equipment.
- Make emergency repairs, when necessary, to offset excessive downtime and production delays.
- Maintain, repair, and improve facilities and related support equipment utilizing mechanical and electrical experience, perform basic PM procedures, and coordinate with outside vendors/contractors for most OEM PMs requirements.
- Coordinate and complete projects, on occasion, with outside vendors/contractors.
- Communicate with manager for direction and keep manager informed of equipment and facilities related issues where equipment is not operating properly or at optimal performance.
- Be cognizant of Company’s ISO 9001-2008 QMS policy and procedures, and their relevance and importance in our daily activities, to continually strive for contributions aimed at achieving quality objectives.
- All other duties as assigned.
What your background should look like:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of five (5) years work-related experience and/or training in CNC Maintenance and Repair.
- Technical experience background preferred (familiarity with machine manuals/schematics/BOMs, part drawings with dimensional specifications, and productive machine shop environments).
- Knowledge of methods, best practices, tools and equipment used in electrical, mechanical and pneumatic systems required.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions required in performance of all duties.
- Must possess ability to follow instructions verbally, or in writing, and perform all duties with minimum supervision.
- Strong organizational skills and a detail-oriented mindset.
- Must be a self-starter and work under minimal supervision.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Will be required to work overtime, as needed, to support production requirements.
- Must clear background and drug screening to receive employment offer.
- Maximum weight to be lifted or carried: Up to 75 lbs.
- Approximate number of hours standing and walking: 4-8 hours.
- Other abilities consistent with machine shop equipment and facilities maintenance job assignments.
“This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S., or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee.”
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets