TRADE MANAGER - EMPOWERED OFFICIAL (HYBRID)
Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Trade Compliance Teams interpret laws, rules, and regulations regarding shipping and prepare applications for import/export control certifications and licenses.
Trade Compliance Activities in the BU
- Implement and execute trade operations and provide compliance oversight for the assigned BU to ensure TE’s compliance with import/export laws and regulations
- Maintain trade operations and compliance activities in accordance with TE policies, procedures, and controls, in collaboration with key stakeholders throughout the BU
- Act as a key point of contact for BU stakeholders on licensing and compliance trade-related matters.
- Engage BU stakeholders and counsel to understand business changes and develop trade-related solutions/strategies and controls to ensure compliance
- Maintain BU-level Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and reporting to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the operations
- In partnership with GTS Governance, establish and maintain relationships with trade-related government entities
Partner with Trade Compliance Professionals and Stakeholders across the Enterprise
- Partner with GTS Governance to monitor trade compliance regulatory and legislative changes, assess the potential impact to the BU, and determine the necessary actions and communications to the appropriate stakeholders
- Work with GTS Governance teams to conduct trade compliance audits and oversee corrective action plans
- Partner with GTS Governance to develop and administer effective trade compliance training as required throughout the region and organization
- Ensure appropriate utilization of the GTS Operations Service Center for product classification (import and export), restricted party screening, and duty savings compliance, and otherwise ensure proper country of origin determination, valuation, and admissibility
- Work with the Operational Service Centers to identify, evaluate and administer opportunities to facilitate trade in a cost-effective and compliant manner (e.g. make use of applicable Free Trade Agreements, Duty Drawback, First Sale for Export, Foreign Trade Zones, etc.)
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal functions
Talent Development & Leadership
- Create a culture of engagement and performance in alignment with TE’s core values
- Lead by example and act with empathy
Please note: This position may involve working with technical data, technology, software/source code, hardware or other items (collectively “items) subject to U.S. and non-U.S. export control laws and regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for TE to verify a candidate’s national origin and/or citizenship status to determine whether a U.S. or other government export license is required prior to releasing its technologies to the candidate. If TE determines that TE will require a license or will be prohibited by applicable laws from providing the candidate with items necessary for the performance of this position, then TE expressly reserves the right to either a) make an offer of employment contingent upon TE receiving required export licenses from the appropriate government agency, b) consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions TE shall establish in its sole discretion, or c) decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.
What your background should look like:
Success in the role requires strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills, strategic analysis and planning capabilities involving complex situations, highly developed oral and written communication skills and the ability to work with interdisciplinary teams (internal and external) to drive issues and projects to conclusion.
In addition, successful candidate will have the following qualifications, experience, and skills:
- Bachelor's degree required (international business, supply chain, law, or related field)
- 6+ years’ experience in global trade compliance, 3+ years’ experience as an Empowered Official
- Preferred: 3+ years’ experience in supporting trade functions within an industrial, communications, transportation, or similar business
- Functional knowledge of import and export regulations and familiarity with customs practices in countries across the region
- Proven ability to work with variety of business groups, including supply chain, legal, procurement and finance
- Ability to foster teamwork and internal and external relationships
- Excellent organizational habits and priority management
- Customer focused with a commitment to quality
- Preferred: Customs Broker License other Customs / Trade certification
- Travel may be necessary in fulfillment of responsibilities
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets