MAINTENANCE MECHANIC IV
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Maintenance Teams perform repairs and preventive maintenance to ensure longer lifespan of machines and facilities. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
- Performs routine and preventative maintenance at facilities and on manufacturing machinery for assigned areas including physical buildings, process, and support equipment
- Diagnose and resolves electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment issues to minimize production downtime and process waste, requiring knowledge of systems to run sophisticated plant machinery.
- Completes all work orders, preventative maintenance sheets, and repair logs and related documents to reflect work performed.
- Assist in the control and maintenance of the spare parts inventory. Requires locating and ordering of parts and supplies for various production machines and maintaining the records for these parts.
- Limited supervision; create documentation of repairs to support audits, training, and future troubleshooting to limit downtime; recommend and implement permanent corrective maintenance solutions
- Collaborate effectively with others across the organization to collectively achieve business objectives
- Communicate effectively through written, verbal, non-verbal, and visual methods
- Adhere to quality and compliance standards to ensure safe and effective use of the products TE manufacture.
- Depending on the level of experience: review MTBF, MTTR, OEE, and PM performance, then create action plans to improve those metrics
- At higher levels, may provide technical support and training to maintenance and engineering department staff.
It is a 1st shift position that can start as early as 5-6 am, with occasional overtime.
What your background should look like:
What your background should look like:
- HS Diploma or GED required, and an associate’s degree in a technology related field strongly desired but not mandatory (Electrical, Mechanical, manufacturing, etc).
- Demonstrated problem solving and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshooting and repair production equipment. Five or more years of experience performing advanced level electrical troubleshooting and repair, as well as PLC, computer, and software support preferred, but not required.
- Ability to develop and document maintenance procedures for production machinery
- Ability to sustain high performance standards and attention to detail in unstructured/unsupervised situations
- Experience using a PC based system in a network environment; working knowledge of Windows OS, Word, Excel, and CMMS
- Experience using CAD software to view and edit drawings/schematics is preferred, but not required
- Experience with TPM is a plus
- Medical device manufacturing experience is a plus
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets