Senior Quality Technician
Location: Wilsonville, Oregon
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s Quality and Reliability Engineering Teams analyze the ability of product and production systems to comply with customer and contractual requirements through established reliability factors. They design, recommend revisions and install quality control systems, develop and document analytical methods for establishing reliability of products and their components and conduct analysis on relative reliability with regards to cost, structure, weight, maintainability, facility of production, and availability of materials and equipment. Out teams develop, implement and monitor company environmental safety programs and policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental, health and safety regulations and recommend corrective actions if necessary. They are responsible for policies and practices to comply with applicable government regulations and industry requirements related to product environmental compliance, the implementation and management of technical and testing standards and specifications, quality control and reliability programs governing materials, product and processes, resulting in the optimization of material and labor, as well as failure analysis, root cause, corrective action and customer communication.
Purpose of Position:
Supports calibration processes and procedures for manufacturing equipment.
- Develop and support Calibration processes and procedures.
- Perform calibrations internally and/or orchestrate the outsource.
- Utilize and support a calibration focused software package/database for managing and tracking devices.
- Create, maintain, and document equipment specific calibration laboratory processes. This may include the development of methods, fixtures, and documentation.
- Provide calibration operations training to less experienced technical staff as needed.
- Support/perform investigations on out of tolerance equipment.
- Create output reports regarding calibration data from calibration database.
- Ensure that schedules, milestones, and priorities are compatible with company goals and projects.
- Provide advice and support to new product development regarding calibrated activities.
- Stay updated on the metrology industry’s best practices through self-study, tutorials, and outside classes.
What your background should look like:
Required Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Education:
- Six or more years of experience within a calibration laboratory employing standard principles and techniques for calibration.
- Associate degree in Electronics, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent training and certification from a vocational trade school.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current technical methods and equipment.
- Skilled in word processor, spreadsheet and other general office computer applications.
- Good troubleshooting, technical writing, communication, interpersonal, problem solving and organization skills.
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong sense of customer support, both internal and external, and ability to interface with any functional department or manager.
- May be required to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Working conditions include office and manufacturing floor environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $50700-76100(subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets