1st shift_ SHIPPER/RECEIVER II
Location: Tullahoma, Tennessee
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Directed by Group Leader, performs a combination of manual and clerical shipping and receiving duties. Uses computer system for tracking, logging, verifying and reporting incoming and outgoing shipments. Follows shipping practices and procedures, transportation routing, schedules and requirements. Receives incoming materials and prepares materials for production or shipment. Processes freight bills, packing sheets, and other documents. Routes merchandise to destinations. Follows TE policies related to Quality, EHS and Guide to Ethical Conduct.
- With the use of material handling equipment such forklifts, loads and unloads trucks and interfaces with interplant bill trucking and common carriers. Knows and follows all applicable operational procedures, policies and training to operate equipment safely, including emergency procedures, wearing applicable personal protective equipment at all times.
- Checks incoming product against documentation to verify accuracy, sorts product and prepares for put-away. Performs all incoming transaction in applicable SAP system.
- Puts products away in available space by proper area/zone/business unit using order pickers, reach trucks, RF terminals and barcode scanners.
- Picks and repacks components for manufacturing product or for customer orders, samples, and transfer order with the use of the proper material handling equipmentPerforms other activities such Bin Audit, cycle count, replenishments and inter-building transfers and schedules applicable carrier pickups based on shipping information.
- Performs packaging for Customer shipment and SAP transactions following applicable packing instructions and or specs.
- Prepares cartons and pallet loads for shipment by attaching proper shipment documentation as required by carriers. Manually or with automated equipment, applies stretch wrapping to secure the product.
- Generates manifests and bill of ladings for each shipment and checks against actual carton count in staging area.
- Performs any related warehouse duties as directed in Standard Work or by Group Leader such as trash removal, obtaining packaging supplies, organizing and maintaining work area as indicated by 5S+1 requirement in Standard Work.
- Reports to Group Leader or supervisor of any damage, accident, near miss, non-conformance or discrepant product or labelling.
- Submits suggestions to enhance performance through individual or team efforts.
What your background should look like:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1-Yr experience in Distribution Center preferred, operating Industrial forklift, RF scanner in a barcoded environment
- Experience operating Industrial Forklifts and material handling equipment.
- Experience using RF guns in windows barcoded environment to perform warehouse transactions.
- Ability to use of weight counting and other industrial equipment such stretch wrappers.
- Understand and follow precise packaging and shipping instructions.
- Follow applicable EHS policies and wear personal protective equipment.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets