3rd shift_Tool & Die Maker III
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Tooling Teams perform the manufacturing functions related to metal working dies and tool making. They are responsible for completing all assignments to construct, modify and condition metal working dies and may fabricate new gages, cutting or forming tools and fixtures by analyzing blueprints, sketches, models and engineering or shop specifications. They perform precision work to exacting tolerances and dimensions; recommend revisions in design and/or substitutions in material based on machinability or fabrication problems encountered; and solve problems relating to unusual materials, machine settings, fabrication methods, and production process. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
- Primary contact for the assigned team/process for basic technical or routine questions providing technical assistance and/or training when necessary.
- Performs die and module changeovers including preventive maintenance and conditioning of the dies.
- Sharpens, and repairs close tolerance tooling.
- Supports stamping production by troubleshooting more complex die set up and production.
- Maintains high speed progressive dies, including sharpening of carbide punches and dies.
- Replaces worn or broken tooling.
- Construct, modify, and condition less complex multi-station metal working dies, gages, ﬁxtures, cutting and forming tooling.
- Determines the necessary machining operations and order to machine parts to speciﬁcations.
- Set-up and operate shop machinery, including but not limited to bandsaw, belt sander, drill press, lathe, milling machine, heat treat oven, and surface grinder. May operate optical proﬁle grinder, Plunge EDM, and CNC machinery if properly trained.
- Sets up stamping presses.
- Provides training support to the apprentices and apprenticeship program as needed.
- Uses precision instruments such as comparator, height gage, jo blocks, calipers, micrometers, tool makers microscope, gages, etc., to take actual readings to ensure parts meet ﬁnal inspection requirements.
- Proﬁcient computer skills (email, word processing, spreadsheets, read and interpret CAD drawings).
What your background should look like:
- Associates Degree in Machining Technology preferred; High School diploma or GED required. Completion of State Approved Apprenticeship Program and a Journeyman’s Card strongly preferred.
- Strong team work skills.
- Automotive Stamping experience preferred.
- Eﬀective problem-solving skills.
- Eﬀective Mechanical Aptitude.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets