Customer Quality Control Engineer
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s Quality and Reliability Engineering Teams analyze the ability of product and production systems to comply with customer and contractual requirements through established reliability factors. They design, recommend revisions, and install quality control systems, develop and document analytical methods for establishing the reliability of products and their components and conduct analysis on relative reliability with regards to cost, structure, weight, maintainability, facility of production, and availability of materials and equipment. Our teams are responsible for policies and practices to comply with applicable government regulations and industry requirements related to product compliance, the implementation, and management of technical and testing standards and specifications, quality control and reliability programs governing materials, products, and processes, resulting in the optimization of material and labor, as well as failure analysis, root cause, corrective action, and customer communication.
- Support quality functions and deliverables across multiple project teams located in multiple regions.
- Evaluation of customer quality requirements and complaints.
- Interface with customers, internal manufacturing sites, and suppliers as required to address and resolve issues as they arise. Some travel will be required between TE sites, suppliers, and customers (Domestic & International).
- Coordination with other core project functions to resolve issues.
- Lead and direct Product and Manufacturing Engineers and Technicians in the resolution of issues.
- Working with suppliers to provide digital documentation in the form of a digital PPAP.
What your background should look like:
- At least 3 years experience in Quality, Industrial, Manufacturing, Design Engineering, or New Product Development Engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, or Manufacturing
- Ability to prioritize issues, analyze situations and implement effective corrective actions
- Ability to respond to changes in the work environment
- Systematic and goal-oriented and independent working manner
- Demonstrated expertise in quality concepts, practices, and procedures
- Exposure to working in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001/ IATF 16949 and/or ISO 9001/IATF 16949 Lead Auditor a plus.
- Strong knowledge of and practical experience with quality tools such as 8D, FMEA, 5 Why, FAI, Fishbone Diagrams, A3, Pareto, etc.
- Working knowledge of FMEA, Value Stream Mapping, Process Flow, Control Plan, MSA, Gage R&R, GD&T, FAI & PPAP
- Experience in complying with customer, statutory, and regulatory requirements in a manufacturing environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint. Experience in and statistical software packages (i.e., Minitab) and Power BI preferred.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets