Location: Tullahoma, Tennessee
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Distribution & Logistics Teams manage the efficient flow of goods, services and information between point of origin through customer placement in order to meet customer requirements or internal business objectives. They create integrated processes among internal functions such as operations, purchasing and logistics, and outside suppliers. They also focus resources on continuous improvement of the movement of materials through various production processes, and establish key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to supply chain planning/forecasting to measure actual performance against goals on a regular basis.
- Checks incoming product against documentation to verify accuracy, sorts of product and prepares for put-away.
- Performs all incoming transaction in applicable SAP system.
- Puts products away in available space by proper area/zone/business unit using order pickers, reach trucks, RF terminals and barcode scanners.
- Picks and repacks components for manufacturing product or for customer orders, samples, and transfer order with the use of the proper material handling equipment.
- Performs other activities such Bin Audit, cycle count, replenishments and inter-building transfers and schedules applicable carrier pickups based on shipping information.
- Performs packaging for Customer shipment and SAP transactions following applicable packing instructions and or specs.
- Prepares cartons and pallet loads for shipment by attaching proper shipment documentation as required by carriers. Manually or with automated equipment, applies stretch wrapping to secure the product.
- Performs related warehouse duties as directed in Standard Work or by Group Leader such as trash removal, obtaining packaging supplies, organizing and maintaining work area as indicated by 5S+1 requirement in Standard Work.
- Reports to Group Leader or supervisor of any damage, accident, near miss, non-conformance or discrepant product or labelling.
- Submits suggestions to enhance performance through individual or team efforts.
SHIFTS: 1st (7am-3:30pm) and 2nd shift (3pm-11:30pm) available.
What your background should look like:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1-3 years of experience in distribution center or warehouse area preferred, operating Industrial forklift, RF scanner in a barcoded environment
- Operate Industrial Forklifts and material handling equipment.
- Experience in RF guns in windows barcoded environment to perform warehouse transactions.
- Experience in weight counting and other industrial equipment such stretch wrappers.
- Ability to understand and follow precise packaging and shipping instructions.
- Ability to consistently always follow applicable EHS policies and wear personal protective equipment
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets