MATERIAL HANDLER I
Location: Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
TE Connectivity's Material Handler Teams perform the physical and/or administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, order fulfillment, storing and distributing of materials, parts, supplies and equipment. They unpack and check goods received against purchase orders or invoices, maintain records of received goods and reject unsatisfactory items. They lift heavy items and may operate a forklift. Material Handlers prepare and maintain records of shipments, post weights and shipping charges and prepare goods for final shipment. They examine, stock and distribute materials in inventory and on manufacturing lines and may prepare kitting packages for assembly production.
- Packages each job in accordance with the customer’s or work order requirements, specific instructions or standard operation procedures
- Prints the customer order pick list to verify customer quantity requirements
- Reviews all documentation for completion and requirements, including: due dates, packaging requirements, quantity and specific instructions such as “ ship exact, do not over ship, label requirements
- If bulk packaging is required, follows the weight work instructions, if Individual packaging is required, follows the work order instructions as to which bags, vials, caps to use on work order
- For customer specific barcode label requirements refer to work instruction
- When order is package, places the box in designated area awaiting for certification documentation
- Places certification documentation inside container, stamps container with certificate of compliance inside, seals the package and logs the customer order on the daily log sheet before bringing to shipping
- Utilizes Insite shipping software for shipping case creation
- Reviews daily list of shipments due that day from Engineer Product and All Tube.
- Ensures we have enough supplies on a daily basis
- Works with purchasing monthly or as needed in ordering supplies for packaging
- Trains new associates
- Performs Monthly inventory with inventory control
- Complies with company policies and procedures giving special attention to safety regulations
What your background should look like:
- High school education diploma or equivalent
- Oral, written and technical skills
- Math aptitude
- Minimum 2 years of experience required
- Knowledge of and experience with a computerized system.
- Ability to work accurately with numbers and details.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arm; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: General machine shop environment.