PRODUCT MANAGER IV SOLAR - HYBRID
Location: Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Product Management Teams manage all aspects of a product, from driving new product development to manufacturing to marketing. They are responsible for overall product strategy, business leadership and capacity plans in order to meet sales and profit targets.
As a TE Product Manager - Solar, a typical day may include:
- Achieve revenue and profitability targets through new product development, go to market strategies, cost reduction, product rationalization and pricing initiatives.
- Utilize market research, voice of the customer, and competitive analysis to manage the portfolio offering, position in the market and drive growth.
- Support demand/supply management with sales forecasts and inventory management strategy to maximize turnover and minimize slow moving/obsolete inventory.
- Perform analyses and report weekly on product sales performance to forecast and monthly review on growth, opportunity pipeline, margin improvement and cost out initiatives.
- Work closely with engineering and operations on new product development, product line maintenance, and industry compliance testing.
- Champion new product development initiatives using TE stage/gate process.
- Define and implement product marketing strategy with the marketing communications team to meet strategic objectives including developing marketing collateral and tradeshow support/attendance.
- Conduct technical as well as sales-focused seminars and webinars for customers and sales team to support marketing initiatives.
- Support sales with customer presentations and product demonstrations with focus on core product lines.
- Provide cross regional support to product management and sales for lines produced within region.
- Develop/train product specialist(s) on the technical merits and product applications of existing and new products.
What your background should look like:
- B.S in Electrical Engineering, B.S in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field is preferred.
- B.S in Business with applicable experience will also be considered.
- Non-degreed specialist with significant related industry experience will also be considered.
- 5+ years of experience in product management, sales, or marketing related to medium voltage overhead power distribution utility market
- Excellent communication skills. Spanish and Portuguese language is a plus.
- Strong computer background in applications like MS Office. Salesforce and MS Project a plus.
- Strong business acumen and leadership skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and drive results in a dynamic, high paced environment
- Ability to influence the business and build relationships both internally and externally
- Creative, proactive, entrepreneur and innovative thinker
- Three to five years of experience in the Solar or electrical utility industry with a focus on electrical connectors and technologies is preferred. Recent graduates with relevant qualifications will also be considered.
- Three to five years of experience in product management, marketing, application engineering, and/or sales for electrical connectors.
- Ability to work under general supervision and exercises consistent discretion and independent judgment
- Participates in determining objectives of specific product lines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (including presentation skills)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office
- Database and SAP Experience is a plus
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets