Location: Brooklyn Park
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE’s Medical business unit, part of the Industrial Solutions segment, offers medical device OEMs, a complete product offering, and capability portfolio for minimally invasive, imaging, surgical, diagnostic, and therapeutic devices. With more than 350 design engineers and a global presence in all key medical device hubs, we are a premier partner to the world’s leading medical technology companies for their next-generation medical devices. We are experts in all aspects of device design and manufacture, from access & delivery solutions for interventional medicine; to sensors & connectors for surgical applications. Our innovative solutions enable ground breaking medical therapies such as treating heart disease without opening the body, placing microscopic devices into brain arteries and powering robotic surgery. I this role you will have an exciting opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing polymer extrusion site.
- Lead technicians through example and mentorship.
- Collaborate with global teams in the establishment best in class methods for thermoplastic processing.
- Define and implement appropriate equipment reliability methodologies as they pertain to thermoplastic extrusion equipment.
- Define and implement effective process monitoring tools and techniques to fully quantify process characteristics
- Partner with development teams in the achievement successful execution of product launches
- Effectively quantify process KPIV’s and KPOV’s through advanced metrology techniques and methods
- Execute validation activities including following the IQ, OQ, PQ approach.
- Perform root cause investigations for non-conforming products.
- Serve as technical expert for process technologies spanning multiple product lines.
- Adhere to quality and compliance standards to ensure safe and effective use of the devices TE manufactures. Identify best practices and share globally.
- Define capex requirements for your area of responsibility including adhering to all internal CER process requirements.
- Evaluate process areas to ensure optimization from an efficiency and cost perspective
What your background should look like:
- You bring a strong foundational knowledge in thermoplastic processing and the broad array of materials that are used in the industry.
- You have exceptional communication skills and can effectively engage both internal and external customers
- You have in-depth knowledge pertaining to Extrusion of Polymers from both an equipment and process perspective.
- You have a BS in Chemical Engineering, manufacturing engineering, Materials Science, or a related engineering degree (Years of experience in a directly related field may be substituted for a degree)
- You have a Minimum of 10 years’ experience in an advanced manufacturing company with progressive levels of responsibility.
- You have a passion for six sigma and statistical methodology in manufacturing process development and control.
- You thrive on coming up with new ideas and leading others to do the same.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets