MANUFACTURING TEAM LEADER III (IND)
Location: Salunga-Landisville, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
TE Connectivity's Operations Managers are responsible for the day-to-day operations and short/long-term planning for the groups they manage. They manage manufacturing, production control, engineering, inventory control, EH&S, shipping/receiving, etc. focusing on the development of technologies and continuous improvement and translating customer requirements into state-of-the-art manufacturing strategies and processes.
The Production Supervisor manages production activities within an assigned department(s), to produce component products at acceptable quality, cost, and service levels on a regular basis. Responsible for maintaining good employee relations and ensures fair and consistent treatment of employees.
- Coordinating production activities among operators ensuring standard and efficient processes are followed.
- Oversees production operations for an assigned shift using documented planning methods
- Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling, monitoring work, providing communication, feedback and ongoing support, performance reviews, career development, discipline, addressing complaints and resolving issues in accordance with applicable laws and/or company policy. Monitors and ensures a positive work environment for employees.
- Directs production activities in accordance with production schedules and established priorities, ensuring maximum utilization of assigned resources, machines, personnel, and materials.
- Oversees production operations for an assigned shift using documented planning methods which allow for reaction to unforeseen changes in demand or capacity.
- Ensures production variances associated with materials scrap and usage, are maintained at established goals for the assigned shift.
- Follows engineering specifications for process parameters making adjustments to bring product into specification when necessary.
- Evaluates and suggests alternative production methods for continuous improvement.
- Assists production leads and operators in the interpretation of procedures, methods and correct use of production equipment to ensure procedures are followed
- Maintains a working knowledge of production components and the associated next tier application.
- Recommends design and development of tooling and equipment, i.e., fixtures, material handling equipment, production gages and inspection devices as required for new and existing production.
- Holds regular meetings with production leads and operators to facilitate production requirements, consistency, and teamwork.
- Solicits assistance from Engineering on tooling and product insures to assure maximum tool utilization, production capable tolerances, and expedient processing of nonconforming materials.
- Participates in team driven activities to facilitate production improvements or new program development projects.
- Understands and supports quality policies and implements guidelines to assure adherence to quality documents and standards.
What your background should look like:
- Supervisory experience in a production work environment; machining experience preferred.
- 2 year degree or higher in a technical or engineering curriculum preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate with production employees and with all levels of management involved in the production process.
- Must have strong leadership skills.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Extended periods of walking, standing or sitting may be required.
- Must be proficient in the English language.