SR MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing and Process Development Engineering Teams significantly impact LEANPD driven new product development projects, driving for excellence in existing manufacturing technologies and methods and striving to implement new manufacturing technologies to provide improved process and tolerance control. They act as the binding element between product development and manufacturing engineering, ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency of this critical interface. They support Product Development in the optimization of designs and piece parts for manufacturability by realizing sample tooling/products/prototypes. They also design, develop, and qualify tooling and processes to meet TE quality and production standards, document all processes and tooling in applicable TE systems, support supply chain to verify supplier compliance and capability, initiate and implement programs to continuously improve quality, cost and cycle time and adhere to all appropriate specifications, regulatory requirements and customer requirements.
The successful candidate for the Senior Automation Engineer position should be an experienced automation engineer with excellent automation skills having managed projects and executed leadership and supervisory roles. You will play a critical role in the development and sourcing new automation lines for a growing medical company. The job requires a high-level understanding of process development of new medical products and will be able to use that knowledge to design and develop high volume equipment for manufacturing. The position is a vital role in implementing automation solutions to current and new manufacturing lines increasing productivity and efficiency.
- Works closely with all product engineers to develop in-house processes and / or external resources to ensure that the design is manufacturable at the lowest cost.
- Lead and mentor a team of engineers to successfully complete automation projects that meet all standards and regulations.
- Work as a project manager with sub-contractors to develop equipment for high volume manufacturing. Managing all aspects of the project including quoting, reviews, budgeting, timeline, installation, qualification and rewarding business.
- Oversee all internal aspects of product delivery, including planning, design, BOM, reviews, and cross platform testing.
- Evaluate current manufacturing processes for automation.
- Strong background in testing and validation of manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Review automation designs and assure PFMEA and all requirements are meet.
- Assist with the diagnoses and resolution of product configuration issues in production environments.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, with a minimum 5 years’ related experience.
- Automation and/or tooling design using CREO / Solid Works Software.
- Knowledge of HMI /PLC/ SCADA systems is a plus.
- Knowledge of Servo motor and Motion Control .
- Knowledge of Ethernet networking and field bus systems.
- Able to communicate with customers at all levels.
- Previous experience managing a project and leading a team
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: 90K - 110K (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets