SUPV III PRODUCTION
Location: Mansfield, Ohio
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Production Supervisor manages production activities within an assigned department(s), to produce component products at acceptable quality, cost, and service levels on a regular basis. Responsible for maintaining good employee relations and ensures fair and consistent treatment of employees.
- Coordinating production activities among operators ensuring standard and efficient processes are followed.
- Oversees production operations for an assigned shift using documented planning methods
- Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling, monitoring work, providing communication, feedback and ongoing support, performance reviews, career development, discipline, addressing complaints and resolving issues in accordance with applicable laws and/or company policy. Monitors and ensures a positive work environment for employees.
- Directs production activities in accordance with production schedules and established priorities, ensuring maximum utilization of assigned resources, machines, personnel, and materials.
- Oversees production operations for an assigned shift using documented planning methods which allow for reaction to unforeseen changes in demand or capacity.
- Ensures production variances associated with materials scrap and usage, are maintained at established goals for the assigned shift.
- Follows engineering specifications for process parameters making adjustments to bring product into specification when necessary.
- Evaluates and suggests alternative production methods for continuous improvement.
- Assists production leads and operators in the interpretation of procedures, methods and correct use of production equipment to ensure procedures are followed
- Maintains a working knowledge of production components and the associated next tier application.
- Recommends design and development of tooling and equipment, i.e., fixtures, material handling equipment, production gages and inspection devices as required for new and existing production.
- Holds regular meetings with production leads and operators to facilitate production requirements, consistency, and teamwork.
- Solicits assistance from Engineering on tooling and product insures to assure maximum tool utilization, production capable tolerances, and expedient processing of nonconforming materials.
- Participates in team driven activities to facilitate production improvements or new program development projects.
- Understands and supports quality policies and implements guidelines to assure adherence to quality documents and standards.
What your background should look like:
- Supervisory experience in a production work environment
- 2 year degree or higher in a technical or engineering curriculum preferred or equivalent experience
- Ability to effectively communicate with production employees and with all levels of management involved in the production process.
- Must have strong leadership skills.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Extended periods of walking, standing or sitting may be required.
- Must be proficient in the English language.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets