PRODUCTION OPERATOR II
Location: Medway, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
- Operates, and verifies the quality of product on a variety of equipment in the laser department.
- Identifies and segregates non conforming parts.
- Sets up repeat/repetitive/simple jobs under the direction of others.
- Monitors variations in program sequence, e.g., positioning, cycle time, etc., and suggests corrections.
- Works from drawings and/or specifications as well as Traveler instructions, may require direction.
Job Responsibilities continued
- Reports problems to Supervisor/Lead in the department.
- Runs production and performs other functions, such as assembly, when required.
- Evaluates job performance compared to established production and quality standards, and reports problems/variations when encountered.
- Maintains required tooling, as needed, to manufacture parts to specifications.
- Conducts quality checks through the use of fixed or adjustable precision measuring devices.
- Instructs or assists others as needed.
Job Responsibilities continued
- Performs routine PM on equipment as necessary.
- Maintains work area in a neat and orderly condition.
- Works safely, and complies with all established safety rules and work practices.
- Complies with Company, Department, and quality policies and procedures as applicable.
- Keeps management informed of job, machine, and equipment related problems as well as any other information related to work activity.
- Maintains a positive attitude and promotes a “team” approach throughout the Department.
- Performs multiple operations as required.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned
What your background should look like:
- High school education or equivalent
- 6 months- 2 years of laser experience, preferably in a job shop environment.
- Experience using a microscope
- Basic understanding of blueprints
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arm; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: General machine shop environment.
Must produce product with adherence to Quality Management System.
Primarily responsible for efficient and effective production.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $31,800 - $39,700 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets