PRODUCT DEVL/MECHANICAL ENGINEER/CO-OP
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Administrative Support Teams are responsible for office administration and daily clerical duties including basic schedule planning, travel arrangements, documentation, and file maintenance. Other responsibilities include scheduling conferences/meeting rooms and responding to general inquiries. They create and maintain office documentation and files and review drafts and finished internal/external communication documents.
This position may involve working with technical data, technology, software/source code, hardware or other items (collectively “items) subject to U.S. and non-U.S. export control laws and regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for TE to verify a candidate’s national origin and/or citizenship status to determine whether a U.S. or other government export license is required prior to releasing its technologies to the candidate. If TE determines that TE will require a license or will be prohibited by applicable laws from providing the candidate with items necessary for the performance of this position, then TE expressly reserves the right to either a) make an offer of employment contingent upon TE receiving required export licenses from the appropriate government agency, b) consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions TE shall establish in its sole discretion, or c) decline to move forward with the candidate’s application. 2.
- Utilize CAD/solid modeling software to develop product concepts
- Work with and create product documentation including drawings, product and application specifications, tolerance analysis, and test plans & reports.
- Review customer drawings, identify and develop bill of materials, gather necessary cost inputs for RFQs submitted to customers
- Initiation of Engineering Changes to improve designs, improve manufacturing, or respond to changes requested by the customer
- Front facing experience with internal customers (Product Development Engineering, Quality Engineering, Project Management) and external customers.
- Develop communication skills while working with cross-functional product launch teams
What your background should look like:
- Minimum GPA requirement of 3.0
- Enrolled in a bachelor’s degree Program in Mechanical Engineering or other related engineering major
- Currently enrolled in an accredited University or College for the duration of the Internship
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Due to ITAR regulations, US citizenship or US lawful permanent residency (green card) is required to apply for this position.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 78,000 employees, including more than 7,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity Internship Program offers:
Our internship program gives students the opportunity to work on valuable projects that contribute to the success of their team and build on their classroom experience. Throughout the 10-12 week program, interns will be provided with:
Onboarding & Orientation
Professional Development Workshops
EOE, Including Disability/Vets