Staff Mfg. & Process Dvl. Engineer- Hybrid
Location: #, TN, US, _
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's is seeking a qualified Manufacturing and Process Development Engineer. In this role, we are seeking expert level knowledge in assembly & automation to be able to Develop Automotive assembly processes with the next generation techniques and methods to be a source of competitive advantage and to be capable of delivering the long term (5+ years) performance steps needed by the business.
- Support ME’s for developing, implementing, and maintaining methods, operation sequence and processes in the fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies, and final assemblies.
- Support ME’s for ensuring that the shipped products fulfill with the specifications and standards of quality, through engineering techniques that solve the problems of manufacturing processes of our products.
- Support ME’s for analyzing, creating and keeping the production standards & job methods with the purpose of optimizing the plant operations.
- Create ideas and innovation for new concepts which are fully flexible, scalable, digital and requires minimized capex and Leadtime
- Launch & facilitate the needed platform development projects accordingly
- Identify, prioritize, support lead and sponsor assembly CoE & innovation projects in collaboration with the ME-, PE-, CoE’s, AMT- and digital organization
- Ongoing Benchmarking of capabilities together with ME’s and Purchasing
- Support standardization of machinery and peripheral equipment and manufacturing processes – develop and establish lower cost brands for standard equipment
- Closely work with and develop internal / external equipment designers, suppliers, and integrators on a global basis in collaboration with purchasing to ensure global build / sourcing strategy
- Develop assembly & automation roadmaps and standards for assembly processes using the latest technology to enable the most cost effective and efficient manufacturing operations according to the product roadmap needs
- Lead and execute TE Best Initiatives (OEE, Quality Improvement, Cycle time reduction, Process Automation, Resource Optimization).
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Mechanical, Mechatronic, Electronics).
- More than 8 years of experience as Engineer. (MFG Engineering or Similar). Experience with any leading position is a must.
- More than 10 years of experience as process, manufacturing or industrial engineer.
- Experience in handle of complex projects that requires planning, costing y justification of capital investment that redundant in quantifying improvements to the productive processes. Updated in the knowledge of techniques of World Class Manufacturing, Quality total administration and advanced quality planning.
Special Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills
- High technical skills to develop/design fully automatic equipment. Controls and Mechanical skills desired.
- Knowledge in techniques and formats: FMEA, PFD and engineering documentation.
- Knowledge on CAD software (CREO, ProE, Solidworks, AutoCAD).
- Knowledge on Cable Assembly processes, Labor Intensive Operations, Semiautomatic and Automatic Assembly Processes.
- English language fluency.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $94,700 -$142,000 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets