Staff Field Application Engineer - Remote (Bay Area)
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The FAE will serve as a technical resource for our customers’ engineers and program/platform by providing technical expertise, design work, product application information, and general support for strategic customers. The FAE will collaborate with client design engineers and TE Connectivity product managers to oversee connector product design from market definition through production and release. The FAE will provide technical assistance, engineering proposals, customer training, technical advice, demonstrations, and presentations to introduce TE technologies and products that meet client needs and be a significant interface between TE Connectivity’s sales and engineering organizations and our customers. This is a Remote position however candidates must reside in the Bay Area to support key customer accounts.
As a Staff Application Engineer, you'll be responsible for:
- Be the initial point of contact for the customer’s local Engineering Group
- Function as the technical interface between the customer’s engineers and the TE engineering community on all existing products as well as focus on new product development opportunities.
- Interact directly with key customers daily and coordinate the deliverables related to customer projects including new products, modifications to existing products, test studies, signal integrity modeling, and any other development efforts
- Establish relationships with key customer engineering contacts and decision-makers
- Represent and be an advocate for the customer
- Work closely with internal engineering teams to ensure that they are meeting the customers’ needs and be a conduit to the customer
- Actively contribute to new product development opportunities for TE at the customer with the ability to provide conceptual design modeling
- Manages technical elements while maintaining performance and schedule
- Leads product & process qualifications
- Leads existing applications and products including tolerance analysis, application evaluation, and testing
- Leads technical domain of single or multiple strategic development projects from the first idea to the final products.
- Mainly acts as Core Team member (or core team leader if project management is not available
What your background should look like:
- At least 10 years of experience in customer interfacing roles
- Bachelor’s technical or business degree required
- Flexibility and commitment to off-hours work
- Knowledge of Solid Works or Pro E Software
- Trainer-level competency in technical tools specific to the job function: e.g. CAD, CAE, industrial or quality engineering tools
- Trainer-level knowledge of general engineering tools (LEAN or 6-sigma) such as DoE, FMEA, QFD, etc
- Deep technical knowledge of the product domain the engineer is working in
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $151,000 – $227,000 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets