Senior Quality and Reliability Engineer (TEMP)
Location: Andover, Minnesota
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s Quality and Reliability Engineering Teams analyze the ability of product and production systems to comply with customer and contractual requirements through established reliability factors. They design, recommend revisions and install quality control systems, develop and document analytical methods for establishing reliability of products and their components and conduct analysis on relative reliability with regards to cost, structure, weight, maintainability, facility of production, and availability of materials and equipment. Out teams develop, implement and monitor company environmental safety programs and policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental, health and safety regulations and recommend corrective actions if necessary. They are responsible for policies and practices to comply with applicable government regulations and industry requirements related to product environmental compliance, the implementation and management of technical and testing standards and specifications, quality control and reliability programs governing materials, product and processes, resulting in the optimization of material and labor, as well as failure analysis, root cause, corrective action and customer communication.
Please note: This position may involve working with technical data, technology, software/source code, hardware or other items (collectively “items) subject to U.S. and non-U.S. export control laws and regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for TE to verify a candidate’s national origin and/or citizenship status to determine whether a U.S. or other government export license is required prior to releasing its technologies to the candidate. If TE determines that TE will require a license or will be prohibited by applicable laws from providing the candidate with items necessary for the performance of this position, then TE expressly reserves the right to either a) make an offer of employment contingent upon TE receiving required export licenses from the appropriate government agency, b) consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions TE shall establish in its sole discretion, or c) decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.
What You'll Be Doing....
- Maintain and comply with the requirements of ISO9001 / AS9100 Quality System Management
- Implementation of quality system documentation that is in compliance with the quality manual and associated Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensure that required specifications are implemented for incoming/ in-process/ outgoing quality inspections.
- Participate in design control activities to ensure that product meet specifications, reliability, and manufacturability.
- Working knowledge of CAPA management to drive to root cause analysis and practical corrective and preventive solutions. Utilize formal problem-solving techniques to resolve product and/or process related issues.
- Write and or assist in development of protocols, technical investigation plans, engineering reports, and related procedures which ensure statistical validity, adequacy, and compliance to regulatory and corporate requirements.
- Working knowledge of concepts of probability and statistics as well as aide in updating/ establishing SPC and Gage R&R studies.
- Work with suppliers of both raw materials and components to improve product quality and/or resolve quality issues.
- Establishing inspection standards, plans, frequencies and test methods.
- Support Production on all quality-related activities, including working closely with Engineering and other applicable functions.
What your background should look like:
- Aerospace Experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering required, Quality Engineering, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment, preferably aerospace
- Prove experience working with ISO Company or supported ISO certification, preferably AS9100 certification
- Proven track record of driving continuous quality improvement in manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and experience in use of Quality tools (6-Sigma, Product compliance, LEAN manufacturing, 8D problem-solving, DMAIC or 5-Whys, Quality standards, Project Management skills).
- Must be proficient in the English language.
The position is location at our Andover, MN facility.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets