Senior Quality & Reliability Engineer
Location: Fairview, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s Quality and Reliability Engineering Teams analyze the ability of product and production systems to comply with customer and contractual requirements through established reliability factors. They design, recommend revisions and install quality control systems, develop and document analytical methods for establishing reliability of products and their components and conduct analysis on relative reliability with regards to cost, structure, weight, maintainability, facility of production, and availability of materials and equipment. Out teams develop, implement and monitor company environmental safety programs and policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental, health and safety regulations and recommend corrective actions if necessary. They are responsible for policies and practices to comply with applicable government regulations and industry requirements related to product environmental compliance, the implementation and management of technical and testing standards and specifications, quality control and reliability programs governing materials, product and processes, resulting in the optimization of material and labor, as well as failure analysis, root cause, corrective action and customer communication.
This position is responsible for assisting TE’s joint venture in supplier quality with Quality System support by assisting in management of CAPAs, RMAs, Management Review, audits, regulatory submissions and aiding in monitoring the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Assist Supplier in establishing, implementing and maintaining the product quality.
- Knowledge of APQP including Control Plans, FMEA, PPAP, MSA.
- Support return product analysis, MRB and complaint systems
- Investigate complaints from customers, suppliers and internal non-conformities. Conduct root cause investigations, determine corrective action, and verify effectiveness
- Develop internal audits to ensure compliance with applicable standards / regulatory requirements
- Represent the Quality Department in a variety of quality improvement areas such as the cost reduction projects, Material Review Board, and continuous improvement
What your background should look like:
- 3-4 years of experience
- Up to 25% travel with possible international travel
- Apply knowledge of QA Tools e.g. APQP, FMEA, GD&T, PPAP, and SPC
- Six Sigma Green Belt experience is plus
- Familiar with formal quality system assessments (i.e. ISO 9001; AS9100)
- Broad Knowledge of quality improvement methodologies and related statistical tools and techniques
- ASQ Certification a plus
Why Join TE Connectivity?
We ignite innovation and creativity in our employees and support their growth, connect them to their passions, and promote an inclusive, healthy, and safe workplace. TE Connectivity’s goal is to inspire every employee to reach their potential and bring their full self to work. If you’re looking to grow in your career, TE will help you get there. We give you the tools to take ownership and strengthen your development and leadership capability. We have 8 Employee Resource Groups focusing on our employees’ experience as unique individuals to foster greater inclusion within the company and the communities we serve. You don’t have to take our word for it, TE Connectivity has been recognized by Fortune Magazine, Forbes, and countless other publications for our commitment to creating an inclusive, sustainable, and admired workplace.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $86,200 – $129,200 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets