SUPV III OPERATIONS 2nd shift
Location: Salunga-Landisville, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Operations supervisors are responsible for the day-to-day operations and short/long-term planning for the groups they manage. They manage manufacturing, production control, engineering, inventory control, EH&S, shipping/receiving, etc. focusing on the development of technologies and continuous improvement and translating customer requirements into state-of-the-art manufacturing strategies and processes. Coordinating production activities among operators ensuring standard and efficient processes are followed.
- Oversees production operations for an assigned shift using documented planning methods
- Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling, monitoring work, providing communication, feedback and ongoing support, performance reviews, career development, discipline, addressing complaints and resolving issues in accordance with applicable laws and/or company policy. Monitors and ensures a positive work environment for employees.
- Directs production activities in accordance with production schedules and established priorities, ensuring maximum utilization of assigned resources, machines, personnel, and materials.
- Oversees production operations for an assigned shift using documented planning methods which allow for reaction to unforeseen changes in demand or capacity.
- Ensures production variances associated with materials scrap and usage, are maintained at established goals for the assigned shift.
- Follows engineering specifications for process parameters making adjustments to bring product into specification when necessary.
- Evaluates and suggests alternative production methods for continuous improvement.
- Assists production leads and operators in the interpretation of procedures, methods and correct use of production equipment to ensure procedures are followed
- Maintains a working knowledge of production components and the associated next tier application.
- Recommends design and development of tooling and equipment, i.e., fixtures, material handling equipment, production gages and inspection devices as required for new and existing production.
- Holds regular meetings with production leads and operators to facilitate production requirements, consistency, and teamwork.
- Solicits assistance from Engineering on tooling and product insures to assure maximum tool utilization, production capable tolerances, and expedient processing of nonconforming materials.
- Participates in team driven activities to facilitate production improvements or new program development projects.
- Understands and supports quality policies and implements guidelines to assure adherence to quality documents and standards.
What your background should look like:
- Supervisory experience in a production work environment; machining experience preferred.
- 2 year degree or higher in a technical or engineering curriculum preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate with production employees and with all levels of management involved in the production process.
- Must have strong leadership skills.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Extended periods of walking, standing or sitting may be required.
- Must be proficient in the English language.
Must be available to work off shifts and potential weekends.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $67100-100700(subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets