Sr. R&D/ New Product Introduction Engineer
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Model, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes and contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product. Typical fields of expertise include: materials, mechanics and systems, electrical, optics, chemistry, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems.
We are looking for an experienced engineer to support a wide variety of medical device development programs in Plymouth, MN. This individual will play a key role in developing and commercializing key components used in transcatheter valve delivery systems, cardiac electrophysiology mapping and ablation catheters, complex steerable sheaths, endoscopic devices, neurostimulation products, ophthalmology, and many more. This can be a hybrid position with 4 days on-site and 1 day working remotely.
- Lead the technical interface with customers on a wide variety of device development programs.
- Work in cross-functional teams on all elements of development programs, from customer inputs, concept prototyping, development, testing, transfer to production, and customer/field feedback.
- Leverage cutting edge technology to define and develop optimized process solutions.
- Apply broad engineering knowledge to the design of new products and product enhancements.
- Create rapid prototypes using a variety of automated systems, vendors, support staff, and hands-on builds.
- Create and maintain project files and other relevant documentation to comply with quality standards and regulatory requirements.
- Strong interest in laser applications/laser technologies, specifically Laser welding and laser cutting
What your background should look like:
- A BS engineering or science degree.
- Demonstrated ability to support technical interface with customers in device development.
- Independent initiative to be a critical thinker with an appetite for problem solving.
- Collaborative interpersonal skills to manage projects and achieve results.
- Experience working with project teams in phase-gate development programs.
- Familiarity with engineering tools such as DOE, FMEA, and Minitab.
- Experience with Design For Manufacturability and tooling & fixture design
- Experience with SixSigma, Process Validation, and measurement methods
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $98,600 - $147,800 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets