PRODUCTION MACHINIST III
Location: Manheim, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
$2,000 Sign On Bonus
We are offering external candidates a $2,000 sign on bonus payable after beginning employment.
Shift and Schedule:
This position is located on our 5th shift which works Friday-Sunday, 6pm-6am. Openings available for Milling and Screw Machines. Individuals working 5th shift receive 37% shift premium on top of their hourly rate. Overtime is available and may be required during times of increased volume
TE Connectivity's Machinist Team's responsibilities include, assignment planning, layout, set up, operating and making tool adjustments for various types of manual, numerically controlled and computerized machine shop equipment. They work from blueprints, process sheets and sketches to perform production tasks, which may include the cutting and shaping of metal to precision dimensions, communicating directly with engineers to understand the purpose of a part assembly. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
- Apply advanced job skills in area of specialization to operate CNC machining equipment and perform various tasks such as set-ups, off-set changes
- Read, interpret and follow blueprint reading and GD&T interpretation
- Operate CMM’s and digital inspection equipment
- Load and unload tumbler
- May adapt procedures, techniques, tools, materials and equipment
- Work with team to trouble shoot operations and/or flow issues
- Perform quality work checks to ensure the product meets quality standards, and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified
- Meet documented and communicated standards for quality and productivity
- Keep records of production quantities and time
- Work safely with small hand tools and measuring equipment
- Maintain a safe and clean work area by complying with procedures, rules and regulations
- May provide training to others
What your background should look like:
- Due to ITAR restrictions, US Citizenship or US Lawful Permanent Residency is required for this position
- Use independent judgement and basic problem-solving skills to accomplish tasks
- Follow both written and verbal instructions, with a high attention to detail
- Flexibility to work overtime to meet company demands
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work in a confined space
- High School Diploma or GED
- Relevant work experience
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Immediate medical/dental/vision coverage
- Health Savings Accounts and Health Reimbursement Accounts
- Financial and Health Wellness program and incentives
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care and Dependent Care)
- Life and Accident Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Time Off Policy - up to 10 consecutive weeks for birth, adoption or placement of foster child
- Family Care Benefits - subsidized back-up child and adult care providers, access to provider network
- Voluntary benefits including: Legal Plan, Critical Illness Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Auto Insurance, Homewoner's/Renter's Insurance, and Pet Insurance
- 48 hours of personal/sick pay after 90 days of employment
- 80 hours of vacation time
- 10 paid Company holidays plus 2 paid "floating" holidays
- Referral Bonus program
- Multi-faceted reward and recognition program including annual merit and incentive programs as well as Spot and Impact Bonus programs to reward outstanding behaviors and performance
- Tuition reimbursement up to $7,500/year for qualified programs and expenses
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $44,700-$67,100 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets