QLTY & RELIABILITY ENGINEER I
Location: Redwood City, California
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
This position may involve working with technical data, technology, software/source code, hardware or other items (collectively “items) subject to U.S. and non-U.S. export control laws and regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for TE to verify a candidate’s national origin and/or citizenship status to determine whether a U.S. or other government export license is required prior to releasing its technologies to the candidate. If TE determines that TE will require a license or will be prohibited by applicable laws from providing the candidate with items necessary for the performance of this position, then TE expressly reserves the right to either a) make an offer of employment contingent upon TE receiving required export licenses from the appropriate government agency, b) consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions TE shall establish in its sole discretion, or c) decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.
- Lead and coach local team to ensure maximum team performance of direct and indirect employees.
- Be a key member of the Redwood Quality team reporting directly to the ISG BU Quality Leader with matrix reporting to Plant Manager.
- Lead and oversee the deployment and execution of Quality Policies objectives, KPI targets, goals and quality initiatives.
- Have the capacity to lead and influence at all levels. Lead and maintain the Quality Management System across the site covering ISO9001 and AS9100 that meets all customer, statutory and regulatory requirements, which includes a strong internal and external audit program.
- Drive and engage cross functional teams to conduct root cause analysis on both internal and external quality issues and formulate resolutions in a timely manner; and to ensure the implementation and effectiveness of actions and prevent problems from reoccurring.
- Maintain a statistically stable measurement system for product and laboratory testing in accordance with accepted industry standards.
- Provide training and leadership in the application of statistical methods and quality tools throughout the business.
- Principal resource for quality methods, statistical process and quality control.
- Identify gaps and opportunities and drive continuous improvement throughout the organization.
- Positively communicated quality philosophy to customers.
What your background should look like:
- 3-5 years of experience in a Quality & Reliability Engineering role in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain or Business
- Experience working in aerospace, defense and/or military industries
- Proven track record of developing strong relationships with customers and suppliers
- Six sigma and lean manufacturing experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge of ISO9001/AS9100
- Strong knowledge and practical experience of quality tools including but not limited to 8D, FMEA, 5Y, FAI’s,
- PPAP & APQP
- Experience in complying with customer, statutory and regulatory requirements in a manufacturing environment
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $ $74,800 – $112,200 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets