Location: Medway, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
- Primarily responsible for the procurement of materials, goods, and services for the benefit of operations. Manage supplier base to ensure competitive pricing, and quality all while maximizing inventory turns and reducing the cost of procurement.
- Role qualifications Partner with external and internal parties to ensure the materials, goods, and services meet customer specifications and are in adherence to established policies.
- Manage all Purchasing Department documentation in accordance with ISO requirements
- Participate in company initiatives and contribute to continuous process improvements
- Generate and present reports as required for metrics and Ops reviews
- Filing as required
- Issue Request for Quote (RFQ) to suppliers as requested by Sales/Engineering/Production Control departments within agreed-upon timelines - Ensure prompt supplier response and prompt feedback to the requisitioner
- Issue approved Purchase Orders to suppliers within agreed-upon timelines: - Conduct proactive status updates - Ensure on-time delivery - Communicate and enforce quality requirements (as specified on Purchase Orders and Purchasing Specs) - Seek cost reduction opportunities - Manage payment terms - Communicate quality/delivery issues with appropriate Sales and Engineering and document in Syteline as required - Monitor blanket release dates – pull in, push out as required by Production
- Coordinate quality issues with suppliers as required and manage vendor returns: - Follow up on SCARs - Handle requests for supplier documentation (ie – certs, test results, etc)
- Provide feedback and support to Sales, Engineering, and Quality Departments as they relate to supplier capability vs customer-requested specifications
- Develop and maintain vendor programs in conjunction with Strategic Purchasing: - Ensure adherence to programs - Develop vendor relationships
- Run replenishment routines, plan and order stocked items inventory management, and procurement system.
- Manage stocked items to targeted inventory levels, and fill rates. Monitor the accuracy of planning data and recommend reorder point modifications as appropriate based on usage patterns.
- Assist in the resolution of supplier issues. Work with all functions in the resolution of billing discrepancies, shipment accuracy, and adherence to expected supplier performance.
- Complete and Monitor reports including inventory, procurement, and supplier performance metrics. Develop and execute action plans for substandard performance.
- Expedite orders to ensure required delivery dates are met.
- Participate in Special Projects as directed, including process improvement teams.
What your background should look like:
Essential skills and experience
- High school education or equivalent required, BS/BA preferred.
- 3-5 years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of standard purchasing practices and procedures
- Knowledge of stainless steel and other Metals preferred
- Must possess strong administrative and organizational abilities.
- Ability to work accurately with numbers and details.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of Company personnel, vendors, and others.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, managers, employees, and suppliers.
- Proficiency with Epicore and Microsoft Office Suite.
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arm; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: General office environment.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $58600-73300(subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets