STAFF PROJECT MANAGER ENGINEER
Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
What your background should look like:
- Overall responsibility for the successful implementation of projects, in accordance with the respective project specifications
- Process management: compliance with the LEANPD process and review of documentation including planning and development progress
- Leadership management: role model for regional TE project members (if applicable), appearance towards external customers characterized by highest integrity, positive attitude, technical competence, strong work ethic and expert knowledge in project management
- Cost monitoring: managing project expenditure within the budget and ensuring that the specified cost-performance ratios in the areas of net throughput, material consumption and labor costs are met
- Communication: Development of a project-specific communication plan, holding weekly project meetings with customers, organizing regular internal project evaluations as required, compiling project progress reports and steering and influencing the expectations of individual stakeholders
- Planning: guidance and development of effective project plans, including key elements of project integration, scheduling, costs, risk management, communication, project quality, human resource planning, procurement management and task definition
- Risk management: efficient preparation, monitoring and review of risk management plans
- Customer management: implementation of an integrated monitoring of change management processes, including the development of a change management procedure
- Capacity planning: Development and maintenance of capacity plans on project level up to component level
- Economic analysis: demand-oriented implementation of analyses as a basis for decision-making in the areas of project management, alternative evaluation, variance analysis, cost calculations, etc. Resource management: effective leadership of project teams and demand-oriented allocation of resources
- Bachelor’s Degree or above with at least 8 years and above related working experience.
- Good in both oral and written English to lead global teams.
- Project management expertise to drive time to market balanced with commitment to quality.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes related to connector products preferable.
- Demonstrated ability to create effective project plans.
- Ability to anticipate problems and resolve them before they become significant issues.
- Knowledge of a matrix organization and how to navigate it.
- Experience in connector development is preferred
- Project Management Certification is preferred
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $121,900– $182,900 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets