PRODUCTION OPERATOR III
Location: Carlsbad, California
Job Type: Full time
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing/Production Teams transform raw materials into finished goods and ensure component flow. They perform changeovers and setups according to production schedule, perform quality checks according to established processes and document the results as required by our quality procedures. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
Production Operator III, Manufacturing Technician
The Manufacturing Technician is responsible for following protocols to assemble medical devices, conduct quality control tests, and safely operate associated equipment. The Manufacturing Technician may also assist engineers with prototype pilot builds, as well as kitting of clinical research supplies.
What your background should look like:
- Assist engineers and scientists as they create, modify, and test products and processes.
- Execute medical device assembly builds according to on-the-job training and associated controlled documentation
- Complete all documentation according to GDP requirements
- Completion of NCR documentation, including performing root cause investigations and championing corrective and preventative actions
- Work with various prototype materials, and identify appropriate equipment operation parameters to establish optimized assembly procedures and increase yields
- Writing and/or updating work instructions to incorporate best practice, and facilitate error proofing of processes
- Setup, operate, and conduct intermediate to advanced troubleshooting of various automated and semi-automated equipment.
- Precise manipulation of small medical device components requiring excellent dexterity
- Safe use of sharp objects such as blades and needles
- Wearing of PPE according to the requirements of the area, including lab coats, gloves, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, booties, hairnets, beard covers, etc.
- Performing medical device assembly of routine and repetitive nature
- Adhering to best ergonomic practices and rotating assembly duties as appropriate
- Inspect products and evaluate processes for flaws and identify areas of improvement.
- Conduct tests and document data
- Conduct time studies
- Execute batch records and/or travelers within expected cycle times
- Assist with clinical trial enrollment kit activities as needed
- Assist with cycle count and inventory management activities