SHIPPER / RECEIVER III
Location: Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Shipping & Receiving Teams perform a combination of manual and clerical shipping and receiving duties. They use computer systems for tracking, logging, verifying and reporting incoming and outgoing shipments. They follow shipping practices and procedures, transportation routing, schedules and requirements. The Shipping & Receiving Teams receive incoming materials and prepare materials for shipment. They process freight bills, packing sheets, and other documents. They also route merchandise to destinations.
- Ensures materials are received, unloaded and inspected securely and safely from delivery vehicles, compares items and quantities received against freight bills, vendor invoices, bills of lading, customer orders, manifests, or other records, documenting discrepancies; and that materials are delivered to inventory for storage
- Performs all computer functions necessary to track various aspects of the goods, including receiving goods and locating goods in warehouse locations.
- Provide Support to gather, verify, scan, label, pack/wrap, loads items to ensures shipment in a timely manner according to specifications and the applicable transportation method
- Supports the shipment of goods produced and the received goods and supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of goods destined for sale to our customer base.
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor/planning team.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows PPE requirements.
- Hours may fluctuate and include overtime as needed.
- Participates in cycle counting and material handling activities for the plant to ensure inventory accuracy and maintenance as well as yearly inventory.
- Participates in safety programs & lean manufacturing initiatives
- Support in special projects dealing with offsite warehouse
- Forming solid relationships with brokers
- Collaborate with cross functional teams
What your background should look like:
- HS diploma or higher
- Forklift experience required
- Strong experience With Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $40100-60100 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets