SCIENTIST II - Lyophilization & Bioassay Integration
Location: Carlsbad, California
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity, a global and well-established industrial technology company is pursuing to develop strong reagent integration capabilities in its Medical Business Unit. Lyo Bead development for our customer´s products have been identified as a key technology to be developed at TE. The primary goals of the role are to support the installation of the Bio Lab and continued development and integration of protocols, procedures, and technologies for the development of Lyo Beads for our customers.
This position reports directly to the Head of Lyophilization & Bioassay Integration
- Support the development and low volume fabrication of Lyo Beads.
- Support Lyo Bead activities within our product development projects.
- Install and maintain the laboratory to accommodate lyobead development activities
- Build strong relationships with our customer and partners.
- Facilitate collaboration with our New Product Development, PMO, Commercial, Business Development and Operations Teams.
- Work closely with our Commercial and Business Development Organizations to support new business initiatives.
- Work with the New Product Development, Business Development and Commercial in the development of innovative reagent integration solutions that can help our customers to win in their markets.
- Support Operations to set new manufacturing strategies and processes for the manufacturing and integration of Lyo Beads in microfluidic products.
- Work closely with existing and potential customers in selling our capabilities.
What your background should look like:
- PhD in Chemistry, Physics, Engineering or similar – preferred; Bachelors or Master’s degree with significant related experience required
- Proven expertise in Lyo Bead development
- Proven experience on successfully supporting Lyo Bead research and/or product development projects
- Proven experience on technological translation of Lyo Beads into industrial results.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $119K – $190K (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets