SR MGR, OPERATION STRATEGY AND FOOTPRINT (REMOTE)
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
This critical position is responsible for the development and implementation of ICT global operations strategy, and footprint optimization. This highly organized individual with a strong financial and technical background will lead cross-functional feasibility studies and provide meaningful and logical input to support business decision through in-depth analysis.
What your background should look like:
- Actively participate in global manufacturing strategy and deliberate footprint actions by collaborating across all functions within ICT, as well as non-ICT business units who manufacture on behalf of ICT.
- Constructively challenge the organization to refine its “where to play” and “how to win” choices to drive growth, improve profitability, and sustain competitive advantage.
- Utilize expertise and techniques to establish footprint financial models, cost database – a series of the estimated cost of items for various regions, processes, activities, etc. to standardize expenses and ensure consistency and layout playbooks to outline necessary elements.
- Lead the development of potential options based on strategic analysis, capacity analysis (current vs future need), financial analysis, timing, resource needs, etc. Grow and profitably defend the business.
- Develop footprint project business cases and obtain SLT and BU’s approval.
- Lead Core Teams to execute footprint projects and delivery desirable results on time.
- Collaborate with related function teams to validate the feasibility of the product, process technology, and ensure operation strategy alignment.
- Develop strategy deployment plan, KPI matrix and capture actual results.
- Analyze data from multiple functions to identify opportunities for cost improvements, evaluate proposals for soundness and accuracy.
- Provide planned and ad-hoc reporting and analysis to achieve results using data and facts, driving the appropriate processes and behaviors, and focusing on accountability for results.
- Track project lessons learned and manage our best practices.
- Proactively identify & resolve risks & issues and establish an escalation path on all projects.
- Manage project communication, risks, and schedules.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration, advanced business degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years experience in Manufacturing environment preferred in Operations
- Minimum three years’ experience in people management
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting practices and theory
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing processes (Injection mold & Assembly process)
- Strong data analytical skills and logical thinking
- Large scale project management experience preferred
- Strong communication abilities (written and verbal)
- Ability to drive accountability and operational tempo amongst core team
- Ability to work independently and remotely as part of a virtual team
- The capability to travel domestically and internationally
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $132,400 – $165,500 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets