Manager- Finance Audit
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Audit Teams develop and implement internal financial audits. They develop a formal reporting system in order to communicate results of audits to management and regulatory compliance agencies, as applicable. They also manage the testing and documentation of financial and computer system records for information integrity and transaction accuracy.
Reporting to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, the Internal Audit department’s mission is to provide independent and objective assurance and consulting services designed to improve the Company's operations. It assists the organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, internal controls, and governance processes. There are approximately 40 IA professionals located throughout the world including the US, Costa Rica, China, Spain and Poland. The IA department has sub-functions with specialists in Financial, IT and Forensic audits.
The Manager of Internal Audit is expected to carry out the vision and mission of Internal Audit to improve the Company’s operations through a systematic and disciplined approach. This position reports to the Director of Internal Audit and currently has five audit team members reporting to it.
- Oversee the performance of audits and reviews throughout the Americas region, with exposure to financial, functional, and business operations.
- Identify, and clearly define, audit issues and root causes, recommend improved internal controls and business processes, and ensure that corrective action plans are developed and implemented.
- Promote a strong internal control environment and best practice sharing.
- Provide direct leadership and oversight of audit planning / risk assessment, audit execution, closure, and reporting for multiple audit teams across a wide variety of businesses.
- Interface with many levels and functions across the organization, including Senior Management.
- Review audit work papers and audit reports, along with providing auditors with coaching.
- Assist in defining the annual audit plan.
- Drive monthly scheduling / resource allocation of Staff and Senior Auditors across planned jobs.
- Budgeting across planned jobs and expense report approval of Staff and Senior Auditors.
- Evaluate auditor performance as well efficiency and effectiveness of audit engagements.
- Actively mentor staff for continued growth and development within the Audit function as well as preparing staff for off-boarding opportunities.
- Assist with recruiting efforts, off-boarding efforts, and the FDP/Internship program.
- Take the lead in departmental initiatives to foster an atmosphere of continuous improvement and obtaining TEOF star level targets.
- Collaborate with the Data Analytics team on dashboard development and advocate for wider adoption.
What your background should look like:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of US GAAP as it applies to a global, public manufacturing Company
- The ability to manage multiple audits and initiatives simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; multi-lingual skills a plus, including fluent English writing and speaking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead teams in a fluid environment
- 6+ years’ experience in audit and accounting, including supervisory/managerial experience.
- Ability to travel both domestically as well as internationally for approximately 10%-30% of the time.
- BS in accounting or finance related fields, CPA, CIA, and/or MBA strongly preferred.
- Firm grounding in both personal and business ethics.
- Ability to influence others including those with differing priorities and opinions
- Ability to negotiate with others and resolve conflict
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $103,000 – $154,700 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE- Including Disability/Vets