ACCOUNT MANAGER IV
Location: Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Account Management Teams are responsible for selling TE's products, systems, or services, providing detailed technical product information and maintaining relationships with customers in assigned geographic territories, industries, or accounts.
As the Senior Business Development Manager, you will actively drive and manage sales, business development opportunities, and the technical aspects of developing and selling TE Connectivity’s current and future product and service portfolio related to utility-scale battery storage, electric vehicle charging infrastructure (EVCI), distributed energy resource integration/microgrid and renewable energy solutions to prospects and customers.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Grow and develop new sales and Business Development opportunities to support TE Connectivity’s energy storage / EVCI / and microgrid strategic growth plan
- Lead and manage new customer accounts
- Assist with product development efforts by gathering Voice of Customer feedback and project specifications to advise respective engineering and product line teams
- Develop relationships with EPC’s, consultants, designers, end users, utilities, developers, and systems integrators focused on the energy storage and electric vehicle charging infrastructure
- Understand macro trends driving new government funding to advise TE on where to play and how to win
- Travel 50-75%
- Manage prospects, maintain, and improve key customer relationships
- Submit bid proposals in response to customer RFP
- Experience managing project teams, both directly and through matrix organizations
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong customer service skills with a focus on listening to the customer.
- Working knowledge of engineering design, procurement, and construction practices and procedures. Multi-project execution experience.
- Financial tracking and reporting of strategy and business development efforts, regional performance, and business planning results.
- Engage Prospects in technical sales aspects and ability to read through Engineering documentation for product application mapping
- Site Walks and initial project scoping
- Electrical layout and system knowledge of battery storage projects
- Electrical and EVCI system knowledge for commercial and fleet charging applications
- High-level knowledge of TE’s internal and industry BMS and EVCI software and solutions for building outbid and layout packages
- Interact with design and build partners, project developers, EPC firms, utilities, commercial and industrial end users
This is a REMOTE role.
What your background should look like:
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 10 years of electrical sales and/or electrical engineering experience
- Must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship visa
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 10 years of deep domain expertise and experience with the power distribution and industry, developing and deploying utility-scale energy storage and electric vehicle charging infrastructure/microgrid projects
- Minimum of 5 years of consultative selling experience to executive and technical buyers
- Minimum of 5 years of experience developing and translating business use cases to solution requirements and architecture documentation, with a focus on electrical products, solutions, software, and services
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $109,900 - $164,900 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets