Mold Engineering Intern
Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
At TE, you can make an impact working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable, and more connected world.
As a Mold Engineering Intern, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Apply academic knowledge into hands-on work in the internal mold design and build shop.
- Learn and develop tooling design skills using Creo Parametric CAD software.
- Learn and develop Scientific Injection molding processes on new molds for automotive connectors.
- Work with toolmakers on troubleshooting issues with mold tooling, conducting preventative maintenance on injection molds, and completing change-overs for engineering samplings.
- Work with cross-functional teams on tooling and process improvement projects.
- Work with outside molding suppliers to TE on cost savings projects.
- Work closely with mold engineers on the launch team and support them on various aspects of new mold development projects for E-Mobility and TC&H product lines.
What your background should look like:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited University or College for the duration of the Internship
- Pursuing a Bachelor Degree in Plastics Engineering or Polymer Engineering
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Strong Organizational and Communication Skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and some CAD software experience
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $17.00 – $27.00/hourly (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
EOE, Including Disability/Vets