SR HARDWARE/SOFTWARE ENGINEER- INSTRUMENTATION & CONTROLS ($8K Sign-On/Relo Offered)
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Working closely with the general testing staff, and others on the Hardware/Software team, the SR Hardware/Software Engineer will develop requirements necessary to conceptualize and build product test systems using an array of instrumentation and equipment such as power supplies, multimeters, voltmeters, multiplexers and similar. The developer will interface and control the equipment via GUI software that he or she develops. After thorough proofing and acceptance testing, test systems will be released to the test laboratory staff for use in testing TE connector assemblies and components. The Hardware/Software Engineer will train laboratory personnel on the use of the test system. He or she will routinely interface with test lab personnel to understand issues or necessary improvements and will update or otherwise revise the test system's hardware or software as needed.
- Minimum of B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Mechatronics, EE or similar field
- Must be willing to continue education in select disciplines necessary to support role responsibilities
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a control systems environment
- Familiar with relevant networking protocols – Server, LAN, Cloud
- Excellent communication skills across a variety of mediums
- Skilled with Microsoft Suite of products such as Windows 10, Office, Visual Studio
- Understanding of Active/Passive electronic components, HP and Keithley Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Power Supplies, etc..
- Able to work independently, in teams and with others of diverse backgrounds
What your background should look like:
- C++ Visual, C#
- Windows application development
- USB, GPIB, Serial Communications
- Data acquisition and analysis
- Database aware
- Electrical circuits, creating and troubleshooting
- Microprocessor/Mechatronic/Instrumentation controls
- Hands on mechanical skills
- Socially engaged with peers and coworkers
- Trainer, leader, visionary
- Tech savvy, innovative contributor
- Role model for integrity
This position may involve working with technical data, technology, software/source code, hardware or other items (collectively “items) subject to U.S. and non-U.S. export control laws and regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for TE to verify a candidate’s national origin and/or citizenship status to determine whether a U.S. or other government export license is required prior to releasing its technologies to the candidate. If TE determines that TE will require a license or will be prohibited by applicable laws from providing the candidate with items necessary for the performance of this position, then TE expressly reserves the right to either a) make an offer of employment contingent upon TE receiving required export licenses from the appropriate government agency, b) consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions TE shall establish in its sole discretion, or c) decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $98,600 –$147,800 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets