MGR I LOGISTICS
Location: Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Fuquay-Varina Logistics Manager is responsible with his / her team to guarantee flawless warehouse operations to insure timely and accurate replenishment to the production floor and shipments to our end customers. He / she is responsible for designing and implementing the most efficient warehousing solutions to maximize efficient material handling, receiving, putaway, replenishment and shipment to insure customer satisfaction and quality at the most effective cost for the Company.
He / she is also responsible to drive continuous improvement projects with cross functional teams to increase inventory accuracy, optimize inventory management (milk run implementation, ABC / XYZ storage solution in warehouse to increase efficiency, space management) and reduce cost (find best storage solution).
He / she guarantees that the teams operate in a safe and compliant environment.
- Make sure his / her team operate in a safe environment
- Make sure his / her team operate in a compliant way with regards to warehousing activities
- Manage activity of the Fuquay-Varina warehousing team
- Challenge existing warehouse practices to find the best options that will bring higher value for our customers and our company
- Drive kaizen projects to find warehouse efficiency opportunities
- Map material flow at the manufacturing site and propose solution to rationalize warehouse space while optimizing material replenishment to the floor and shipping to end customer
- Drive projects leading warehouse operation optimization
- Train and develop his / her team members
- Work closely with Planning and Production team to understand operational needs and propose optimal warehousing solutions
- Use lean management tools to improve KPI of his/ her responsibility
- Partner with Supply Chain team (planning and purchasing) to optimize material flow and accuracy in the warehouse
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Logistics, Supply Chain, or related field (or foreign equivalent).
- At least 5 years of experience in warehouse management, in a managerial capacity
- knowledge in the business administrative fundamentals critical warehouse operations, including Business Administration, Human Capital Development, Resources Optimization, and Strategic Integration and Balance.
- Effective partnership with functional areas such as planning, production, quality, engineering, sales, product management and operations
- Analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Able to influence others
- Team Oriented -Can work effectively and cohesively with other employees or external groups to achieve required objectives and goals.
- Initiative - Can identify key opportunities, develop a workable solution and working with others, sells his/her solution and implements the solution.
- Credibility- Does not blame others and takes responsibility for his/her own mistakes. Respects confidential information and concerns shared by others. Creates trust and excellent relationship with internal and external customers. Finishes work and reports on time and effectively utilizes data to support positions.
- Continuous Improvement - Has a high level of self-management and motivation to continuously improve the process, people, equipment, raw materials and himself (herself). Can adapt and transfer new methods and ideas to situations to maximize positive results.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $73600-110400 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets