EH & S ANALYST III
Location: Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
We are looking for a new member in our EH&S Team! We are offering a $2000 Sign-on Bonus!
TE Connectivity's Environmental Health & Safety Teams ensure and monitor safety in the workplace. This includes the application and communication of health, safety and hazardous material standards, procedures and practices consistent with TE, environmental and government regulations. It requires the ability to influence and engage stakeholders at all levels of the business.
- Promote sustainability and environmental protection, and facilitate projects to drive continual improvement
- Chair energy and environmental committees to plan improvements aimed at reducing environmental risks and releases to the environment
- Ensure compliance with environmental regulations such as Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, RCRA, TSCA, SARA, etc. and applicable State of North Carolina rules and regulations.
- Effectively manage the transition from ISO 14001:2004 to ISO 14001:2015
- Perform incident investigations and provide suggestions for corrective actions
- Conduct job hazard analyses and recommend corrective/preventative actions, where EH&S hazards exist
- Interact with all departments to provide EH&S support
- Perform workplace ergonomics evaluations, safety audits/inspections, PPE analyses, etc.
- Perform safety engineering reviews on new and existing equipment/processes
What your background should look like:
- inimum 2 years experience in EH&S, preferably in a manufacturing facility
- Background in a fast paced environment, working on multiple projects that may involve a number of stakeholders with little supervision.
- Basic knowledge of Federal and State laws, health and wellness, OSHA, EPA, ISO 14001, business continuity planning and lean concepts
- Knowledge of Velocity Management Software preferred
- Strong skills for organization and ability to manage multiple, and changing priorities.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills with the ability to develop multiple solutions to an issue and make valid recommendations for resolution
- Able to understand and execute processes including: recognizing customer needs, communicating process changes, measuring and assessing success and identifying areas of improvement
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to form successful working relationships quickly at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Working knowledge of local, state and federal rules and regulations
- Must be able to read, write and speak English proficiently
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $80K – $120K (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets