PROJECT MANAGER III
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Project Manager oversees projects related to the operations strategy that may include footprint migration, consolidation, and merging of TE sites, product rationalization or consolidation, capacity expansion, or other critical initiatives within the Aerospace Defense and Marine Division (ADM). The position will lead specific projects and timelines, define processes, lead contracting resources and evaluate critical business decision. This function will provide key leadership across multiple functions (operations, engineering, supply chain, quality, finance, and compliance) to drive measurable results.
As Project manager, you will:
- Establish and manage project scope, schedule, and budget for operations projects.
- Proactively identify and resolve risks and issues serving as primary point escalation, facilitating further escalation when appropriate while to inform internal stakeholders of status and risks to targeted objectives
- Develop & manage projects plans and (as needed) gap closure plans.
- Clearly communicate roles, expectations, and accountabilities to team members on a regular basis.
- Plan & lead Stage Gate reviews to business management.
Lead cross-functional Core Teams to meet or exceed defined business critical objectives (including On-Time Delivery and Quality) through:
- Regular team meetings.
- Costing reviews.
- Status reporting to internal customers / partners and stakeholders.
- Project close-out meetings and post launch reviews.
- Utilize enterprise-level project systems and TE tools to manage project plans, data, and actions.
- Manage project capital budgets and assure execution in alignment with the business financial plan.
- Assure completion & integrity of Customer Change Notification process.
- Track project lessons learned to document and share best practices.
- Collaborate with other project managers, streamlining processes and metrics across multiple functions
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor's degree, 7-10 years of Industrial Engineering and manufacturing experience required
- 5 or more years' of demonstrated Project Management experience
- Experience in manufacturing site migrations or consolidation
- Proven experience of managing teams.
- Knowledge of standardized manufacturing quality system requirements (examples include ISO or AS) preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects and meet scope, schedule, and budget requirements.
- Experience in influencing and leading global teams.
- Demonstrated leadership of project teams within a matrix environment.
- Experience in formal Stage-Gate project processes.
- Basic knowledge of materials, manufacturing processes, or assembly design principles required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in written and verbal communication, problem-solving, and working on multiple projects required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in written and verbal communication, problem solving, and working on multiple projects required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Project, on-line collaboration tools, and databases required.
This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S., or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $83200-124800 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets